Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

shaun freeman

Hello everone does anyone have any idea what happed to shaun freeman. The first and last I heard of shaun was form the hash demo sync he made for AM. His demo is the best and most realistic I have ever seen. But his Demo act has no dope sheet for the words. So I am guessing he must have used some other program to do the lip sync. His poses for the Lips and mouth have noe Phoneme,

Mind you I think the dictionary needs to be edited. The C D G N R S TH Y Z dont real make the same lip poses nor dose M P B. I guess shaun realised this and has found some t other way to do the lip sync.

I have re worked his modle to use the phonemes that hash uses but the effect is not the same.

you should all have the demo on you AM v12 I am sure

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need a program to set up lip synch animations...

I "read" what shapes go in based on where in the timeline sounds are being made.

I don't remember ever being taught how to do it, other than the LipSynch app that came with the earlier versions..... that I think stopped around version 7? 1997 or so....

Anyways, you load your wav file in and scrub through the sound file keeping an eye on where key sounds are being made. then drop your prestons in.

practice does all that it is ment to do in this type of animation...

Hello everone does anyone have any idea what happed to shaun freeman.
Shhh! Don't disturb him - genius at work!

I suspect most animators here, once they've gone past the tutorials, animate phonemes 'by hand'. Using the automated dopesheet that A:M provides is handy for a quick'n'dirty approach to block things out, but I find it's worth the effort to go through the tedious process of hand-tweaking mouth shapes for each phoneme. But then again, I've only lip-synched a talking mattress...

LOL!!! You're making me laugh Stuart. :D

Re: animating lip sync. I can't remember how I did the tute, but I basically do lip sync by constructing each mouth shape to suit the audio. So I don't really use phoneme shapes as such.

I base my technique on the book by Jason Osipa 'Stop Staring' which is GOLD jerry... GOLD!!!

Thanks for the kind words chaps.

:)

:D

Re: animating lip sync. I can't remember how I did the tute, but I basically do lip sync by constructing each mouth shape to suit the audio. So I don't really use phoneme shapes as such.

I base my technique on the book by Jason Osipa 'Stop Staring' which is GOLD jerry... GOLD!!!

Thanks for the kind words chaps.

:)

You cant remember how's about $500,000. Will that help you.

Seems your have made hash's phonemes dictionary obsolete. The demo is usless without instructions

Any way nice to see your back on the sence shaun

B)