Toon Wrangler

• A:M User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Ben de Leeuw
  • Asheville, NC
  • Windows

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:27 AM

I have returned to the time honored process of rain making. I have translated the sprite approach I tried here into full 3d. Unfortunately the Streak emitter is not currently functional in v13. The effect is greatly diminished without streaks, but just imagine them.

I'm still tweaking the splat action to make it more organic, but thought I'd post what I had so far.

Attached Files

#2 luckbat

luckbat

http://ebon.org

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2606 posts
  • Mike Stamm
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Macintosh

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

Those look fantastic, but how do you place the 'splats' into the scene? Is it automated, or do you have to position each one manually?

#3 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:51 AM

Great looking. But what am I missing? This is all I get when I open the project. No animation at all. Maybe if each drop left a small bit of "wetness" would be good. But it would probably use too much resources. Edit: Found some reports to send in....

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled_1_copy.jpg

Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

#4 Bendytoons

Bendytoons

Toon Wrangler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Ben de Leeuw
  • Asheville, NC
  • Windows

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

Those look fantastic, but how do you place the 'splats' into the scene? Is it automated, or do you have to position each one manually?

The splats are all members of a flock. They have an action applied that does nothing for 114 frames, then splats. The max action offset in the flock is set to 114 frames. The result is that the flock memebers appear and splat at random times throughout the 120 frames.

Great looking. But what am I missing? This is all I get when I open the project. No animation at all.
Maybe if each drop left a small bit of "wetness" would be good. But it would probably use too much resources.

Edit: Found some reports to send in....

Ken-
Sorry about that, I just finished a report on the same issue. However, I found a simple fix. Delete the shortcut to the splat action on the raindrop in the crowd system. Reapply it (just drag and drop). For me tath fixes the problem.

#5 Bendytoons

Bendytoons

Toon Wrangler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Ben de Leeuw
  • Asheville, NC
  • Windows

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

Well, still running into a bunch of wonkiness with realtime rendering and crowds...but, I've suceeded in getting the flock of drops to flock to the surface of a seat object. If you look close at the front of the chair you'll see acouple of drops that hit off the beveled front. I also changed the splat animation to make it feel more organic. and reduced the size of the drops a little.

Attached Files

#6 KenH

KenH

Blind Lord of all he sees.

• Film
  • 13769 posts
  • Ken Heslip
  • Dublin,Ireland
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:***(mascot)

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:17 PM

Think I'll wait till things get resolved. :P

Attached Images

• wet.jpg

Vista Home Premium 64 bit/AM v15/ATI Radeon HD3870/8Gb 800mhz DDR2 RAM/e8400 Processor
My AM Goodies Store
My T.W.O models
Get your AM problems fixed at AM:Reports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users