Hash, Inc. Forums

Martin Minutes

martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

BYOB

You have cheap friends. :lol:

I can't imagine adults throwing a BYOB party but perhaps that is a new peril for the elderly in our current economy.

Or is there a legal liability angle to this? Was this party hosted by lawyers?

I eventually figured out that you can never rely on a party or BBQ to provide drinks- so then amidst the regulars I became the guy who 'always brought a big cooler and would offer anyone a beer from my 30-pack on ice.' THEN- because you bring what some people consider 'cheap beer' (ie Miller High Life) people feel they can razz you for not bringing 'their' particular swill... and you get the 'got any lite beer? got any ice beer? got any microbrews?'

The trick is... leave the beer in the car and go in and sniff around to see if there is a keg or any house beer, then- ask if you can bring in your beer.

When you get caught looking in someone's cooler say 'we have that exact same cooler- I thought it was ours- sorrry!'

• ____ 1

• 4 weeks later...

450° water sounds hot. Record hot for water. I suppose that has something to do with that 180°-rated pipe failing.

I've been known to 'embellish' a story as time goes on... people will notice, 'every time you retell that story- the water gets hotter!"

450° water sounds hot. Record hot for water. I suppose that has something to do with that 180°-rated pipe failing.

Water under pressure gets hot, hot, hot, way over boiling. 180 degree pipe is half its actual capacity. I picked 450 degrees because that's sure to melt through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

I never had dozens of cars but I had five in the driveway at one point. I sold the last one about six years ago and have been bicycle and public transportation ever since.

Recently I found out that my older brother and sister have been telling people that means "Robert can't get a drivers license anymore!"

• *A:M User*

Having seen AC/DC more than once, I have to say they put on one of the best hard rock shows around. I saw them once in Milwaukee in '09 and twice again more recently I think it was 2013 and 2016 I saw them, both times in Chicago. I'd have gone to see them back in highschool but just couldn't swing it at the time.

Anyway, we are likely to only get tribute bands as Brian Johnson is retiring due to too much hearing damage, and Angus' brother Malcolm passed away recently. I had heard something about them finishing out some tour dates with Axl Rose singing and someone else subbing in for Malcolm, but I don't know what their long term plans are. My guess is they are either going to hang things up or it is entirely possible they are going to keep going until Angus drops dead, just with a different rhythm guitarist and singer.

On a slightly different note, there is an AC/DC tribute band that does bluegrass renditions of their songs called Hayseed Dixie. While I've never seen them I have heard one or two of their songs and it's definitely an interesting spin on your typical tribute band.

I don't know what Angus does to have that level of energy in his 60s, tons of cardio maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...