Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just a Wooden Sword

kwhitaker

Hello and happy new year.

Boy it takes a long time to put a movie together. even with a story or, story broad, the transition between scenes, has played a important part, at least for me. ;) i omitted a small section of the companions walking through the woods from the cavern where Jam the elf was taker by the goblins, to where they are now.

your thought are always welcome

goblin__night_drums.mp4

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good.

How much have you completed, what percentage? do you have a storyboard to show? How long is your should? When do you think you will have it finished? Will there be a premier showing? Will you enter it into film festivals?

I know I am asking too many things. Inquiring minds want to know.

• Admin

Wow Kat, you've been busy!

You've got a whole lot going on in this sequence.

Some of the effects work, camera angles and composition... the music... is nigh unto perfect. (gave me goosebumps it was so good)

The area of focus where I think you'd get the the most bang for your buck at this stage is in refining your walk cycles (or as they may not be cyclic, refining those walks). Transitioning into and out of the walks looked great but during moments where nothing else was moving some obvious stiffness in the characters stood out and detract from the sequence. (If those areas were where you are blocking out the animation... please disregard this paragraph!)

You've impressed again.

Edit: For some of those pivotal areas where the goblins are talking that may be opportune time to zoom in a little closer on their faces. Close ups in those areas would really intensify the scene. (of course it might make it too scary?)

'ptiversen'.

How much have you completed, what percentage? do you have a storyboard to show? How long is your should? When do you think you will have it finished? Will there be a premier showing? Will you enter it into film festivals?

Hi ptiversen, thanks for your questions

i believe I'm over the half way mark, although by the time i edit it, who knows.

my story broad is from a book i wrote and illustrated, all in rhyme. so as i started this movie i had to recreate parts,non rhyme, that still followed the original story which I named and copy write "Wizards Last Rule".

I'm hoping for the full length of the movie to be about 1 hour. as for when i expect the move to be finished, the way I'm going :unsure: maybe a couple more years, just guessing. about film festivals or premier, haven't thought about that. I'm still a amateur animator having fun. here is the book cover, and a couple of the original story. thanks again Katt

Hi Rodney

Thanks so much for your hints, and thoughts. points i must work on, i guess you can't have to many close ups :)

i too love the music, it's from Kevin Macleod (incompetech.com) called Stone World Battle. i added a drum set for a little punch from ACID music

Thank you Rodney,

i only have two copies left. at the time i created the book, of 64 pages. i was doing trade shows with my fantasy characters. The book was to go along with them. So i only made 15 copies.

I wonder if you could sell it through Lulu.com or another such print-on-demand service.

• Admin
i only have two copies left. at the time i created the book, of 64 pages. i was doing trade shows with my fantasy characters. The book was to go along with them. So i only made 15 copies.

Promise me you'll keep those in a safe place. Preferrably water tight!

Do you know who has the other 13 copies?

I love the illustrations for your book, Kat.

The movie seems to be growing at a steady pace and you are certainly putting in a lot of time and effort. I do have concerns about the animation in parts, particularly the walks, and wondered if you intend to return to these sequences at a later date. It is a mammoth task that you have set yourself and you are doing a fine job in many areas but I would hate to see your efforts wasted by not fixing those glitches at some point. Personally I would like to see you just layout the whole movie with the sound track, as an animatic, and then go back to the animation, farming out any sequences that you are having problems with. If you are just making this movie for your own pleasure or the learning experience then just carry on doing what you are doing. I really like the characters and always look forward to your updates.

I'm doing a little bit more then a basic animatic, which is a rough draft to what your actual animation is.

I am saving animation files In Quick Time, and MPG files so i can see how the whole movie plays together. making voice tracks, and editing as i go. but nothing will be finale until it's all done.

to answer your question, yes there are things that i will go back to to re-animate, fix, make better. but if there are any parts walks, or anything that you think could improve the movie please point them out to me, that would really be a big help and appreciated. :) thank you Paul, good to hear from you

• Admin
I have one copy.

...and exactly where do you keep your copy stored? ;)

I am officially jealous of you Mark. (for other reasons too of course... but now for that book!)

Kat,

For the record, I'm not trying to score a copy as much as recognizing the value of your 'franchise' of which an important part is the book. I hope you see many more printings of it too.

3D animation is great, but there is just something special about an illustrated book.

P.S. Nice pose on Sunshine. (Nice modeling too!)