Hash, Inc. Forums

Re-branding Papa Bear

fae_alba

A little history first:

My oldest daughter loved Disney's Jungle Book, and always associated her old man with Baloo, and started calling me 'Papa Bear' which was the nickname of Baloo. I on the other hand always took a cotton to Disney's Humphrey the Bear, which is the basis for my Papa Bear character.

My quandary is this, I created a blog site with the url of pappabearstudio.com. That domain is expiring, but I'm questioning if whether I want to maintain that domain or "re brand" my studio efforts into something a little more generic.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of "Kitchen Table Studios" but that one has a fb page already.

I'm looking for some feedback from you folks to see if your creative juices might come up with something catchy, slick, etc.

How about Primary Entertainment: Next Iteration Studios, oh wait that won't work, never mind.

Although joking aside Next Iteration Studios does have a nice ring to it. Nice abbreviation to N.I.S

• Admin

Will makes an excellent point and having such a primal name as Papa Bear Studios is surely a plus.

I don't see anything amiss with the brand name. It's always going to be the content that matters.

As such you may want to chart out how your other creative endeavors will fit under the Papa Bear umbrella.

It's the diversification of the content produced by Papa Bear Studios that will ultimately define the brand.

The only other name that comes to mind for a brand name (for you) would be 'fae alba' and I have no earthly idea what that means... but I think that is a potential brand name that further encapsulates content produced by Papa Bear Studios. Fae alba might be used for your production house or distribution?

Hmmm, assuming I'm not way off the mark... root origin-wise... 'fae alba' would seem (to me) to be a 'realm of flowers' or 'garden of flowers' which fits fairly well with the notion of distributing quality content. It hearkens to a paradise of plenty where all the original stories begin.

So let that be my feedback.

fae alba (as the production house/distributor)

Papa Bear Studios for the branding of content

The screen might show:

a fae alba production

in association with

Papa Bear Studios
Title and music
And if someone else funds the production or distributes those names would be added
(substitute cuts for the fades if the content is mostly comedy)

The only other name that comes to mind for a brand name (for you) would be 'fae alba' and I have no earthly idea what that means...

fae alba is Scots Gaelic for "For Scotland". I adopted that when I was publishing my magazine "Scottish Tales"

TBH I don't think the name of the company means a whole lot anymore. There's a videogame studio called Sumo digital and another called cly5m. Like Rodney said it's your content that ultimately defines you. Disney is literally just a guys surname but it's what the name represents that everyone remembers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then, I've decided to heed popular opinion and keep the Pappa Bear Studio domain. It fr some oddball reason wasn't s straight forward to get GoDaddy to renew the hosting, but after much trial and tribulations, the site is back up and running. I do need to revamp it though, but that will hav to wait until after vacation.