Hash, Inc. Forums

March Third Thursday - Spot illustration

NancyGormezano

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad that I get to/can use A:M for these monthly contests!

I am hoping to do future images that look more painterly/hand drawn and yet still use A:M to do it. Most everyone else who is participating is doing hand drawn 2D (digital and traditional).

• Admin

I neglected to mention...

Those little critters are really cute. I don't recall ever seeing them before.

I love how they suggest there is more of their story to tell, just outside the realm of this illustration.

And here I don't use the word 'illustration' lightly (pun intended!). I'm captivated by how you have illuminated the characters and their activity with fun shapes and detail.

My primary suggestion (not that you are looking to change anything) would be to make the letters of 'show and tell' on the board a bit larger as they are hard to read. I suppose an alternative to that would be to make the color of the letter contrast that of the blocks they are cut into (as if paint had been applied to them). Of course the small size does suggest that 'Haven' is using found items and use what was available... tiny scrabble-sized blocks with letters.

• ____ 1

My primary suggestion (not that you are looking to change anything) would be to make the letters of 'show and tell' on the board a bit larger as they are hard to read. I suppose an alternative to that would be to make the color of the letter contrast that of the blocks they are cut into (as if paint had been applied to them). Of course the small size does suggest that 'Haven' is using found items and use what was available... tiny scrabble-sized blocks with letters.

Yes I agree - the letters are hard to read, they were bothering me too. I don't know why I didn't change them. I probably should have used a different font as well, and colored them differently to make them more readable.

Yes the little critters are new - built on previous models, and the spider is also new, but a modified old model (from TWO? I think).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...