Hash, Inc. Forums

My new PC: AMD Ryzen 7 1700

Fuchur

Hi everybody,

this thread here is more or less a placeholder for my benchmark tests and more stuff I am currently at with my new computer based on a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 concerning A:M.

Currently there is not much to see here, but stay tuned ;).

If you want to read the story behind, you can do that over here at my website:

https://www.patchwork3d.de/blog-5-en/amd-ryzen-my-new-pc-for-content-creation-with-hash-animationmaster-and-games-781

Best regards

*Fuchur*

Hi everybody...

hope I can fullfill your curiosity ;).

here is part 2 of 3 which will tell you, which components I have used in this computer.

https://www.patchwork3d.de/blog-5-en/amd-ryzen-my-new-pc-for-content-creation-with-hash-animationmaster-and-games-part-23-783

In Part 3, I'll show a few benchmarks and more, but that may take a little.

Best regards

Gerald

Yeah, it is not too cheap... much cheaper than the offerings from Intel with comparable specs, but still expensive...

Anyway I hope it is still entertaining and if you're going to win in the lottery sometime, you may find it interesting anyway ;).

(not it is not THAT expensive... ;) )

See you
*Fuchur*

I can't say I have experienced anything unusual till now. While overclocking it, I had a few crashes, but that is to be expected. Since I have it running at 3.9 GHz (from 3.0) it runs smoothly.

But I did not have anything problematic with my AMD PII 1090T before neighter.

On the other hand I dont use neighter Corel Draw nor FormZ... on A:M, games and Photoshop, AfterEffects, Vegas, InDesign and Illustrator there is no problem I can see...

Best regards

*Fuchur*

Hi Ken,

I am running Windows 10 only nowadays. Version 1703 (most recent production build, not an insider build of any kind)

But yes, newer software sometimes has problems with older Windows versions... I have noticed that too.

A:M is running pretty smoothly too. I think that is partly because I can run the SSE4-version now, which was not the case earlier. (it was SSE3 before that, because the PII 1090T did not support SSE4)

See you

*Fuchur*

I might have to bite the bullet and update my win7 machine to 10. I noticed some of the errors especially in corel are permission errors with failed saved preferences. Even though I am running pro with full admin rights I think some of that has changed in 8-10 and those inconsistancies are showing up on the older OS.

In any case I'm still using my old cd version of AM here and found it too isn't as stable on Win7.

And here we go :).

The benchmark tests of the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 can be found here:

https://www.patchwork3d.de/blog-5-en/amd-ryzen-my-new-pc-for-content-creation-with-hash-animationmaster-and-games-part-33-784

And in addition to that, you will find a new Benchmark called "A:M Bench 2017" there too, which includes Netrender, Single-Core-Rendering and many newer technologies like SSS, AO, Displacement-Maps, Bump-Maps, Big Textures, Procentual Materials, Volumetric Light and much more. If you want to test your system with it, you will find A:M Bench 2017 and the ThreeTeaPots-Benchmark from 2009 for download there too :).

The results have been created with the newest v19b, which is necessary to use A:M Bench 2017. Otherwise A:M may crash on you, if you used A:M v19(a) for rendering.

I hope you have fun with it and let me know what you think :).

Best regards

*Fuchur*

PS: It is late... I am going to sleep now ;). But soon I will talk a little bit about AM Bench 2017 tomorrow.

No, I dont think so... it is amoung the fastest results, but there have been faster once for single core rendering if I am not wrong.
The real deal is the multicore-rendering-scores while being very fast in single-core and of cause it is much less expensive than those a little bit faster options...

Anyway I'd like to know what you get out of the AM Bench 2017-Benchmark. I do not have any good compareable results at the moment.

See you

*Fuchur*