Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Neighbor

itsjustme

I started working on Bertram's neighbor. I did some remodeling of Squetchy Sam for the body and remodeled Bertram's hands and head to get to this point. The four marks on her upper back are from hooks that aren't behaving themselves with the SSS turned on. The eyelashes are a cookie-cut map on geometry and the eyebrows are particle hair...no texturing yet. Still a lot to do.

Neighbor_09_07_2017.png

She looks well-shaped!

Is each hook on its own spline segment or are there more than one on a spline segment?

Here is a shot of the spline layout...I'll probably have to re-route them or do some more tweaking to make it work right. I don't know what clothes she will be wearing yet, so that may get covered up.

neighbor_hooks_09_07_2017.png

• 3 months later...

It's not much, but here is an update of the Neighbor's face. I haven't gotten the hair done yet, but I had this render while I was tweaking the skin...so I figured I would post what little I had for now. The modeling of the face has changed some, I added some iris decals and did some work on the skin...still a lot to do.

Neighbor_12_20_2017.png

• ____ 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's not much progress, but I had an image I could show. The textures are just there to give me an idea of what it may eventually look like. I was working on some of the modeling and decided I would put in a rig to check things, then decided I should get the modeling farther along before I put in the rig...that way I might not have to re-do too much. We'll see how that logic turns out. Once I sort all of that out, I'll get back to some hair experiments.

Neighbor_01_24_2018.png

David looks great. Are you using a map to drive the hair length and density?

Currently, the only hair is the eyebrows...and they have maps for length and density. The eyelashes are cookie-cut geometry and the shading on the head is a decal that is meant to disguise the scalp and make the hair look less thin when I add it.

Looking good! What is the hair plan?

Currently, the plan is for a lot of emitters. I've done some messing with geometry for hair which wasn't too bad. I like some of the styling tools for shag hair (hair locks) that I wish were available for the newer hair, but the MuhHair shader isn't available for shag. So, I figure using standard hair with a bunch of small emitters to make hair locks would get me what I want. Also, hair has been looking better for me when I use an image to drive it.

• 10 months later...

Here's an update for the Neighbor, who I decided to call Donna because I used Donna Reed as an initial reference (I used several other references after that though).  I've made a few changes in the course of putting in a temporary rig before installing the Squetch Rig...sorry about the chest, my wife didn't like the mono-boob.  Of course, she will have a top that will have a cloth material on it, so the underlying body is just there for that.  I also intend to use her as the base model for future female characters and wanted to cover a few clothing options.  I removed the temporary material from the pants for now, but there will be a material on the final product.  Once she is rigged, I'll get back to work on her hair and then the texturing.

1. Donna_11_27_2018.png
  • Thanks 1