Hash, Inc. Forums

Quick Cupid

John Bigboote

I needed a 'cupid' character for my animation idea for Jet's Pizza... didn't have a lot of time. Was considering 2D 'hack' animation... I scribbled a design on paper and noticed my baby Cupid was mostly drawn with circles... which in 3D relate to SPHERES! So I 'sphered' together a very quick baby model, and after adding some details- had a good Cupid. Since I knew the actions I needed were quite limited (shoot an arrow) 13 bones were all I used to throw an impromptu rig for animating him. I am growing fond of using the Gradient material when toon shading, here I placed one on his wings.

These Jet's animations I am hoping will continue to come... they wanted 2 for Valentines Day to promote their Heart Shaped Pizza. I have done 5 in all now, and all can be seen on Facebook by searching Jet's Pizza, then videos. The producer I am working with is pushing using animation in the TV commercials- we'll see.

There is no budget for audio, so I am raiding the Youtube Royalty Free Music/Audio collection... which is a great resource and grows regularly. ( https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music ) I cut music to length and add sound effects as needed in After Effects. This entire animation took 6 hours to produce. YAY A:M!

temp3.jpg

HSP_Asmall.mov

• ____ 1

Here's another: This one to promote Jet's SuperBowl 'CrunchDown Dance' contest. Features in this include:

-Volumetric light above the stadium to emulate light, fog, smoke...

-Patch image animation in the stands to emulate a stylized moving crowd...

-Tom (A:M Mascot) with a football helmet (found in Contributors Cue) as opposing team players and referees...

-BVH Dance action from Mr. Bones for end-zone dance action (I could NEVER animate that!)

-Trapcode Particular in After Effects for confetti

-Music and sound-effects from Youtube Royalty-Free collection (Clients LOVED the bowling-pin sound effect, funny- you do all this work and one little sound-effect takes the cake!)

JetMan_SUPERBOWL_small.mov

• ____ 1