I A:M 3D Designer

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1813 posts
  • Marcos Rezende
  • Campo Grande / MS / Brazil
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Contests Won:2010, 2012, 2013 Mascots!

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi friends... here is a video showing a very basic method to export models/scenes from A:M to C4d ( Octane render )... sorry my poor english.

https://youtu.be/PHy16vQANVA

Peace

Xtaz

3D'ing Sketches

visit my forumīs gallery

#2 serg2

serg2

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • serg2
  • Russia Samara
  • Windows

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

Excellent!!     Happy Birthday, Marcos!

Hasher

#3 itsjustme

itsjustme

David Simmons......me.

• Hash Fellow
  • 5474 posts
  • David Simmons
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Great stuff, Marcos!  A late "Happy Birthday" from me as well.

#4 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • 6963 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Nice.  Thanks for showing us your workflow.   :)

Note:  Because this topic is buried in a forum that is seldom visited it may eventually be moved to the tutorials forum.

No plans to do that now but if and when I do I'll make sure a link is left here where you originally posted.

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#5 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

AWESOME!! Finally someone shows the power of a realtime render engine.

Great work XTaz. Makes me wish I had C4D to make the bridge between A:M and Octane.

#6 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Very cool :)

Thank you very much for showing :).

See you
*Fuchur*

"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#7 rodger_r

rodger_r

Non-character modeling since 1993

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Rodger Reynolds
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • Windows

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for this Marcos.

I also found it comforting to see you get that circling 'Win10 is busy' icon during your screen render just as I do at an annoying rate. However, you seem to have found a key sequence to interrupt it and get back to work; something that has so far escaped me. When the screen render locks up like this I just have to go do something else while the render "finishes". What is the magic key sequence?

#8 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Press Esc or click again on the render icon. That should do the trick in 9 of 10 times, but sometimes you need to let it render on.

Or are u talking about c4d?

See you
*Fuchur*
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#9 Xtaz

Xtaz

• Hash Fellow
  • 1813 posts
  • Marcos Rezende
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

Thank you friends...

Thanks for this Marcos.

I also found it comforting to see you get that circling 'Win10 is busy' icon during your screen render just as I do at an annoying rate. However, you seem to have found a key sequence to interrupt it and get back to work; something that has so far escaped me. When the screen render locks up like this I just have to go do something else while the render "finishes". What is the magic key sequence?

the busy icon is shown in the tutorial when I export to OBJ ( 2minutes to process ) and create MDD ( some seconds to process )... I just edited the video to cut this moments :)

Peace

Xtaz

3D'ing Sketches

visit my forumīs gallery

#10 John Bigboote

John Bigboote

that one guy

• Hash Fellow
  • 6375 posts
  • John Bigboote (aka Matt Campbell)
  • Detroit, MI USA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

Hi Marcos! Love the birds singing in the background... hope you are enjoying a beautiful South American summertime!

Your workflow is DA BOMB!

You performed some 'magic' there I don't quite understand... when you baked the textures, exported an A:M baked image(s) into C4D that C4D understandably could not display properly as they were not true UV mapped images... but then the Octane renderer made perfect sense of it all! I am mystified! I can only think that the Riptide importer had some effect on it... is that the reason you used Riptide to import the OBJ instead of the typical C4D 'merge' action?

I had the demo Riptide and it expired... wonder if they will give me another 30 days to experiment....

ALSO--- I think Marcos touched on it but it is important to note... when he 'up-ressed' the mesh to 16 in the A:M OBJ export dialogue (every 1 hash patch becomes 16 polygons) he later exported the MDD action file with the same 16 setting... if he did 32- he would have to do the MDD the same 32...etc.

1 consideration tho... the workflow is an expensive one. Not only do you need to have and understand A:M... you will need a very fast computer with multiple graphics cards to properly run the Octane Render. Lets add it up(roughly):

-fast modern PC with 2 GPU... $4,000

-Cinema4D Studio R18... $3,600

-A:M V18 subscription... $79

-Riptide Pro... $50

-add-in the Adobe Creative Suite subscription... you are in some deep waters for a hobbyist- even as a pro, you better have some big jobs happening to justify the expense.

As I understand GPU processing- 2 or more cards are preferred- leaving 1 for your monitor(s) and the other for GPU rendering... you can add more on top of that if your motherboard/chassis/power-supply supports it with the benefit being your renders will go from fast-as-all-get-out to near real time.

I've been using A:M models and animations in Element3D (from Video CoPilot) exporting animations via obj sequences into E3D and re-texturing in E3D using physical materials, the GPU renders very quickly right in your After Effects compostion... but I can really get it to bogg down with belles-and-whistles (oh-no--- 35 seconds per frame...!!!) but the photorealism and overall render quality I see coming from Octane looks to be far superior.... that closeup on the Scarecrow... WOW! and if you look, you are seeing AO in there- global illumination is lighting the scene as Marcos did not add any C4D lights... and it just...boom- renders!

All-in-all... VERY COOL PROCESS! This 'bridges-the-gap' between A:M's powerful yet easy-to-use modelling and animation tools with a modern FAST GPU render like Octane- would be great if you could show us some more of the image quality you are getting from Octane, Marcos- and some mind-blowing render times!

THANK-YOU!

NOTE; Riptide let me uninstall-reinstall for another 30... importing thru the Riptide plug-in DOES bring your baked A:M textures (all of them!) in as you would hope!

#11 Xtaz

Xtaz

• Hash Fellow
  • 1813 posts
  • Marcos Rezende
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi Marcos! Love the birds singing in the background... hope you are enjoying a beautiful South American summertime!

I live at my farm surrounded by a lot of birds species, it is a nice place to model, sculpt, read and write... you can even listen the horse at 11:18 :)

You performed some 'magic' there I don't quite understand... when you baked the textures, exported an A:M baked image(s) into C4D that C4D understandably could not display properly as they were not true UV mapped images... but then the Octane renderer made perfect sense of it all! I am mystified! I can only think that the Riptide importer had some effect on it... is that the reason you used Riptide to import the OBJ instead of the typical C4D 'merge' action?

In fact I didn't use Riptide to import OBJ, I used the native OPEN tool... Riptide imports as well as it... and It's true the model isn't UV mapped but It works as if it were.

ALSO--- I think Marcos touched on it but it is important to note... when he 'up-ressed' the mesh to 16 in the A:M OBJ export dialogue (every 1 hash patch becomes 16 polygons) he later exported the MDD action file with the same 16 setting... if he did 32- he would have to do the MDD the same 32...etc.

Perfect, this is why I named OBJ with a 16... I can exports the same model with others setup 1, 4, 16... For each one I'll need to create a different MDD with the same polygons per patch

All-in-all... VERY COOL PROCESS! This 'bridges-the-gap' between A:M's powerful yet easy-to-use modelling and animation tools with a modern FAST GPU render like Octane- would be great if you could show us some more of the image quality you are getting from Octane, Marcos- and some mind-blowing render times!

THANK-YOU!

showing Octane engine power 

https://youtu.be/kgQ2sEarQLM

Peace

Xtaz

3D'ing Sketches

visit my forumīs gallery

#12 John Bigboote

John Bigboote

that one guy

• Hash Fellow
  • 6375 posts
  • John Bigboote (aka Matt Campbell)
  • Detroit, MI USA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the demo... POWERFUL STUFF!

So- as far as the import went... is it C4D that sorted it out(the UVs)- or Octane... i'll experiment myself.

Now- when you want to render for final, Octane will swiftly generate an image sequence or .mov for you, right?

#13 Xtaz

Xtaz

• Hash Fellow
  • 1813 posts
  • Marcos Rezende
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

So- as far as the import went... is it C4D that sorted it out(the UVs)- or Octane... i'll experiment myself.

Is C4d that does the job.... once imported you can render it using any engine ( native, octane ) and with a little adjust in the material when using Arnold (other amazing engine).

Now- when you want to render for final, Octane will swiftly generate an image sequence or .mov for you, right?

just change render engine in the render to file button (there you can config a lot of specs related to Octane)

Peace

Xtaz

3D'ing Sketches

visit my forumīs gallery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users