Hash, Inc. Forums

Streetcar Drive-by

R Reynolds

This is my very first video output from A:M that I consider better than a "work in progress" so I put it in the showcase. It's from my back lot - a 16 sec. pan from right to left as the streetcar enters and exits the shot.

After 8 sec. the shot looks like this;

street_car_drvby_d240.jpg

I'm satisfied with everything in this shot although it could probably be improved with more passing vehicles and pedestrians...all in good time.

street_car_drvby.mp4

• ____ 2

great work! It is looking fantastic!

Something is bothering me about the toppart of the streetcar though.

Maybe its too "clean" somehow or I would expexct some kind of rim/gauge around

the window glasses? Cant really tell...

Whats your final goal on this? Some historical short?

• Admin

Outstanding work Rodger. Wow!

As good as it looks in a still image it looks even better in motion.

I felt the sudden urge to say, "Staff Pick!" but... we don't have a staff so I'll just say, "Bravo!" and "More please!" :)

Something is bothering me about the top part of the streetcar though. Maybe its too "clean" somehow or I would expect some kind of rim/gauge around

Here's a closer angle of the street car showing that the windows do have frames but they're narrow and are painted with the same exterior cream colour.

street_car_PCC_construction_16.jpg

For many prototypes I found, the windows had a sliding sash so they could be opened. But different transit companies ordered different window treatments. So I decided that this transit company would torture their riders in these days before air conditioning and have sealed windows. In reality I didn't want to be bothered with all the extra patches needed.

Whats your final goal on this? Some historical short?

Something like that. I have a few vague concepts but it's really the trip not the destination.

The trip- not the destination... that is keeping the cart in front of the horse, Rodger! It is looking really nice! Like a moving postcard from yesteryear! Would the electrical connection up top on those have sparks dripping down?