Hash, Inc. Forums

Fem body fly, er, round

makings

Hi there,

Well, finally got round to running a fly-round of my female character. I think I better getting on slapping some bones in her, and start doing some animation with her... I think she still needs smoothing out some more, but I'm just spinning my wheels at the moment, hence the need for some animation.

Maybe some clothes on her as well - yes, she's nude, so you have been warned. I based the body on Joe Williamsen's awesome Bisley Warrior Princess, and the head on every single wireframe that I've seen by Jim Talbot - thanks for the constant inspiration, both of ya!

The hair and ears were obtained from Vuk Pavlovic (sp?), so thanks go to him.

The file is a 4.7mb Windows .AVI, and it's here

Comments and critiques (other than, "go to a life-figure drawing class") are welcome ;)

Mike K.

This is one of the best realistic female models I have seen in a while, who's body parts are not BLOWN out of proportion.. You did a great job....

just a few things :

* The overall outline of her body seems to have a sharpness to it maybe try smooth out the edges a little.

* Around her nipples it looks very solid maybe add a gradient effect so the colour fades into the overall skin colour instead of looking so solid and bold.....

amazing job sir......

keep up the great work.

Hi Mike,

Is the same model you were working on a while ago on the list (ie when it was just a head)? It is looking good. Perhaps you might need to add some more resolution to the model in a few areas, so that it doesn't look so "spliney". Or you could use porcelain, as others have suggested. Keep up the great work.

Javier

Hi folks, thanks for replying...

@DarkLimit, Modernhorse: Yep, she is a bit sharp in places (bottom, shins, ribcage, etc), but I was hoping the averaged normals in V11 could take care of that for me - I'm soooooooo lazy ;)

@DarkLimit: As for the nipples, I've not added any textures yet, but thank you for the advice on it, I'll give it a go...

@JavierP: Yep, it's the same model - I'm a slow worker ;) And I was also thinking of adding some more splines, but being lazy and all, I'll wait until I upgrade so I can stitch them in... :D

Incidentally, there are some more images here, but you may have already seen them.

Kind regards,

Mike Kingscott