Hash, Inc. Forums

Cicak

Gerry

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
BTW just clicked over to you blog for the first time. Very nice! I've bookmarked that link to the "Listening to Music" lecture series.

Thanks Gerry.

I confess I haven't had time to do much blogging these days but hope to get back to it. There is a ton of stuff to blog about and thankfully there are many sites that explore the periphery of animation. The blog's real purpose is to explore things that are very loosely connected to animation that other blogs might not have considered or considered briefly but could use more attention. I'd say my own personal favorite posting at this point is probably the Leonardo Davinci as animator posting. He may not have been an animator in the sense that we consider animators today but there is no doubt that he was a student of the art of animation in an old world precursory way.

Although I don't plug Animation:Master much there, almost everything can be related to A:M in one way or another and I figure it won't be hard for anyone who follows the blog to discover my interest in A:M. Of course, I should drop a note about the public Beta release!

Thanks for reminding me that the blog is still there. ;)

My "making of" article for the NCS newsletter has been sent off. It's not available online, strictly a printed newsletter, but I'll see about scanning and posting here when it comes out. In the meantime, here's the image I rendered for the cover.

It was seriously great (I know you can do this with any app, it's just cool) to be able to set up a render to the exact resolution and image size for print, tweak (here I closed the gecko's eyes, because the still seemed to need it, and tilted his hat at a more rakish angle) and render out reproduction artwork for print.

GeckoUnderStreetlight_coverSmall.jpg