Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I NEED AN A:M MODEL FROM THE 90'S by Rich Lovato

I was getting to make a show using A:M and I looked at the stills (to get some ideas). :lol: There was my very favourite A:M stock model created in '96 by Rich Lovato! :yay: Unfortunately, it is not available in the new A:M versions and I realy need to have a coppy from an old A:M user, so I posted some images with this "COOL GUY". B) Please, post it! :( I need to use this model, but please don't update him, because I use v1.11d+. ;) And I don't have an old A:M CD, and that is why I need it (the whole model). :(

067.jpg

065.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course he's not in v3, because that version was released in 1994. :lol: And he's in v5.10, v6.0, v6.1, v7.0, v7.1, v8.0, v8.5, v9.0 and v9.5. :unsure: Please keep searching. ;) I remember when I was 3 years old I was watching "BugBites: An Ant's Life" first released in 1998. Michael Schelp used the model for creating the characters, later in "Mee! Christmas" in 2000, "Operation: DALMATIAN fun with Letters" in 2001 and "Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale" (his ears "modifided" for the aliens as seen in the screenshot) in 2006. :) Here are the covers of his first CG movies. :yay: The last "BugBites: An Ant's Life" cover is from the original release. :)

John Atkinson modifided him for "The Daydreamer" in 2001:

Mazon Productions used his eyes for "Paleontology" and "Earth Stories" in 2003 as seen in the credits:

&

And Monteum Animation Studios used his hands (sometimes his ears) in "Skoda":

and "Macca Strewth":

If you didn't find him, he sure is in a ".prj" file somewere in v5 until v9, because I noticed in "Mee! Christmas" (in one scene) Michael Schelp used exacly the same lighting setup from the 1st picture (with the cool guy and his body too). :lol: I'm 100% sure about that (I have a screenshot). :D Please, give a try (search for a ".prj" file with him FROM v5 UNTIL v9)! :(

7347904.jpg

_T2eC16RHJI_E9qSO8mt9BRi8mMR0ng__60_57.JPG

_T2eC16h___QE9s3HG988BRi8l6077g__60_57.JPG

513qPhJ6rhL.jpg

__57.JPG

LIGHT.JPG

ear1.JPG

SpidersWebDVD.JPG

Rich Lovato is mentioned in this post (along with other animators).

However the link to the project files in that post seems to be broken. Do not know if that character was used in that contest

There is also the caveat:

There are 19 separate Project files and 1 Tutorial supplied by the contestants. The following restrictions should be noted with respect to usage of these Project files:

DATA PROVIDED BY CONTEST PARTICIPANTS FOR *EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!* DO NOT REUSE THIS DATA WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE ARTIST.

Use these projects to learn the art of the walk cycle but please respect the artist's personal property and contributions to the A:M Community. Thanks!

• Admin

That was a good guess Nancy.

I see from the wayback machine though that Lovato's contest entry included multiple Thom models on a chess board.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060624072123/...an01gallery.asp

Note that some of the project files are still accessible via the wayback machine but I recommend a Right Click/Save As or else it may appear not to access the file.

I don't recall that particular model being shared with the community.

I'm sure it was shared with someone though.

• Admin
NO! sad.gif I wasn't talking about him, but his model seen in the first image as you go in this topic. sad.gif

Calm thyself Drama. You are stating the obvious.

Nancy was simply pointing out a lead to the creator of the model who might have posted it in the contest (but did not).

When in doubt you could always query the artist:

http://www.richlovato.com/

(Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure this is the same Rich Lovato. I believe it is... if so he goes by 'richlll' in other forums)

Rodney: Calm thyself Drama. You are stating the obvious.

Whoops. :blink: Yeah, sorry. :lol:

Anyway, thanks Nancy. :) His model reminds me of the "VeggieTales" CG series style. ;)

I don't think I can find him somewere, because some models need the 2001 to be mixed in the ".prj"s wich I don't have. :( His mail is in this image.

MAIL.JPG

Propably that's why there was surely a ".prj" file with lighting setup in the CD back then! :) And I don't feel safe to do that (to talk to him "if the oil painter was the 3D artist I loved back then")! :( I realy need to use it for my comedy show "SurferZ"! :yay: He seems to look like a very cool surfer dude! B) Anyway I can modify him a little bit to make him look more like a surfer (and fix his proportions). :lol: But his face looks very great to me. :D

I've been waitng for hours and Robert or anyone else didn't uploaded the scene yet, which makes me feel bad. :( How long will it take to upload just a folder with files in a single ".zip" file? :( It's very important for my work! :(

• Admin
I've been waitng for hours and Robert or anyone else didn't uploaded the scene yet,

I can't bellive why it takes hours to wait to upload the character from the scene.

Which scene are you referring to?

The one that no one can find with 'Cool Guy' in it?

It's very important for my work!

But not important enough to make the attempt to contact the creator of the file who might be able and willing to provide a copy of the file directly from the source.

Yes! :) It has another name:

1)It's a ".mdl" file I realy needed right now included from v5 until v9. :(

2)It's in an "Image-Contest" folder somewere. If there isn't that folder, maybe it's in the "Projects" folder. :unsure:

3)Copy the Projects folder in your Documents (or somewere else) and try to open from each folders the ".prj" files (to see in what project he is). :D

4)If you found him, put the ".mdl" file of the character in the ".zip" file. :yay: If you didn't, maybe he's in an old extras CD (I don't know if there was something like that back then). :(

GOOD LUCK! ;)

Anyway, It seems strange why you can't find him! :blink: If so, then how he was used by others? :unsure:

• Hash Fellow

So far, that model hasn't shown up in anything I have. Are we sure it was ever on a publicly available CD? If it was being used in their movies, Maybe it was something they made for their own use and never released.

I'll go ahead and state the obvious...11.1i was the last version of 11.1 and 11.1d was a version that was available as a piece of pirated software.

Your software may not be pirated, but it is very strange that that is the version you are using, Jack.

Also, the character you are trying to get could be easily duplicated and even improved upon. You are spending as much time trying to get the file from others as it would take to just model it yourself. If you really want that character, you have been provided contact information for the person that made it...contacting him would be the first thing you should try.

If you are unable to get the latest version of A:M, I would recommend at least updating to 11.1i...if you are using a legal copy of the software.

Jack, it's bad form to use other people's characters for your projects ...and really, wouldn't you rather have your own characters?

There are lots of resources here on the forums and other places where you can learn to model your own characters in A:M. At the time I learned, Barry Zundel's training videos were what helped me, but there are many more of them out there and most are free.

It will take time to get good at it, yes, but why waste that time trying to reshape other people's models? Use that time to learn how to model anything you want and then you'll never be stuck wanting.

It's embarrassing now, but check out this post. It shows my first attempt at a character head and then my next attempt after having watched Barry's tutorials. You'll see graphically just how much of a difference it made.

Yes I had my own models, :) but they available on turbosquid and you'll need to register for download my models ;) : http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/JACK-2000

Please, don't use the blue alien. Now, I'll be uploading my models for A:M here ( In The forum :yay: )!

Here is an update of one of my models: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry394538

Edited by JackDrama