Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I read "Greyhawk and the Starbucklers" !

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I finally got a chance to finally sit down and read "Greyhawk and the Starbucklers of the Caribbean" that i bought when i saw Mark at the Dallas Web Comic Con several months ago.

I really enjoyed it! I liked the story, i liked the banter, I liked the characters and the artwork looked great too.

I've never actually read a whole graphic novel before so some of the devices that translate cinematic conventions (like a "Voice over") into print baffled me at first but after re-reading a few pages i think I caught on to their cleverness.

I can see it being a successful movie. It oughta be!

I recommend it and I think there's some way to purchase it in some form or other at the WannaBe Pirates store

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Robert!

Really glad you liked it!

It's been so long ago that I don't really remember much about the writing of it, but I think I liked the idea of using the voice-overs as transitions to cut between scenes without having to do the usual "Meanwhile on planet such and such" captions.

The book being formatted landscape has been a stumbling block for getting it reprinted at one of the print-on-demand sites. I do hope to set up a way to sell some of the originals online, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, Robert!

Really glad you liked it!

It's been so long ago that I don't really remember much about the writing of it, but I think I liked the idea of using the voice-overs as transitions to cut between scenes without having to do the usual "Meanwhile on planet such and such" captions.

The book being formatted landscape has been a stumbling block for getting it reprinted at one of the print-on-demand sites. I do hope to set up a way to sell some of the originals online, though.

psst: I think Lulu has a landscape oriented book option. I don't know if you checked that or not but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Oh and seconding the kudos for the Starbucklers book btw :-) look forward to more this year!