Hash, Inc. Forums

Jets Pizza Christmas Animation

John Bigboote

Just finished a holiday Facebook animation for the Jets Pizza Franchise, turned out nice! I am trying to get more work from them...

The snow was made using my 'snow machine' which is available in the Contributors Cue forum... the hand is from my 'Hat Guy' featuring SSS skin... the fire was just a video of a fire placed on a patch in the scene... the flickering lights on the tree was a 2nd pass added additively in AE, I set a light to lens flare with 'fade behind objects' on, and made a 'scribble' in 3-dimensions and used the 'sweeper' wizard the sweep dimension to it, placed it in front of the lights(I had placed in the chor on the christmas tree, and rendered only them ON) and rotated it making the lights dim as it passed in front.

The feather pen, and pinetree was a model I had already made... the fireplace, inkwell, walls window and Christmas tree decorations were all I had to make. I used a 'constrain to' constarint to hold the pen to the hand and animated it on/off to pick-up/put/down. I did not use an 'orient like' but rather just animated the pens to look like it was scribing and being held...

This is about all you will ever get from me as far as a Christmas Card...!

Animation can be seen on Facebook if you search for the Jets Pizza page.

Jets Facebook_1Csmall.mov

TEMP.jpg

• ____ 1

Sneek Peek!

This one will be Jet's Christmas greeting. I was able to convince them to use a '3D Jetman'... they really just wanted a 2D animation, and the stuff they did before in 2D was mega-shlocky IMHO. I told them it is much easier for me to do in 3D nowadays- with a toon shader... once I have the model made then future animations are just that much easier too, and I am hoping this will evolve into lots of future animations. The character was rigged using the Saucy rig.

JetMan_Dec24_small.mov

• Admin

Thanks Matt, apparently my inability to follow the link and get to the resource was a permission thing.

Admin's that can't see what everyone else can... what is the world coming to!!!**

I figured something was up when I only got two responses for a search on 'pinetree' one of which was this topic.

I see it now.

Thanks!

I like your latest but wonder if it wouldn't benefit from a little post processing (I'm thinking blur for the shots with depth primarily).

But as always...as long as the client is happy! :)

**I can see it now but don't have access to download. For that I'll probably have to log in as non-admin.

This seems all very familiar to me.

Like a depth-of-field effect? I thought about it, but it kinda goes against the clean cartoony look... plus, it would take rendering-out level passes for comping/blurring... I'm trying to keep it simple. As it is, my AE comp is pretty deep. That is weird that you (forum admin) have wonky access privileges like that!