Hash, Inc. Forums

Turn mode not turning view around selected control points

TorRavengael

I have no idea what I did or what changed, but now when I'm modeling and I select a control point or group of control points, and then go into turn mode to rotate the view, the view does not rotate around the selected control points, but rather around the center XYZ origin for the entire modeling window.

This may or may not have anything to do with it - I noticed the change after installing v18k. I doubt this has anything to do with it, since I uninstalled the whole program and then installed the version I had previously, v18j, and I'm still having the same problem.

I have an old CD version installed as well, 11.1, and I do not have this problem with it.

Thanks for the answer!
Yipes. This is a major pain in the butt for the modeling I am doing. It's really slowing me down. I uninstalled K and reinstalled J but I am getting the same problem, so does that mean there are leftover bits of K that did not get uninstalled? If so, how can I go back to J completely, such that I don't have to work with this problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

I found the installer that I originally downloaded when installing J for the first time, so I did a complete uninstall and installed using that rather than the version of J on the update page, and now everything works. (The original version of J that I got after purchasing A:M was a different file size than the one on the update page - it must be different somehow.)
Thanks, robcat2075, I'll keep that in mind in the future!