Hash, Inc. Forums

LiteManager Pro (remote control) SOS limited time offer

Rodney

• Admin

LIteManager Pro is another one of those free offers from Shareware On Sale that might be useful.

I figure at this time if the folks at SOS want to take over my computer they've already got enough software on my systems to do that so... what the heck.

There are many benefits to having a remote control application such as LiteManager.

This application is in the same general category as others such as Team Viewer which allow another person access (of various types) to another computer.

That access can be limited to simply viewing, projecting a demonstration, transferring files and taking over full control.

Scary stuff no?

This is the type of software that is useful for teachers who wish to monitor students, computer gurus given access to solve software/hardware problem remotely and general file transfer.

With LiteManager Pro there are two applications; Server and Viewer.

Server is the application users pay for and must register and it's the application that must run on the computer that will grant access to the remote viewer.

Viewer therefore can be installed on any computer and take advantage of whatever access has been granted on the Server.

Not that there is much need for such but A:M can be run over these types of connections with a minimum of discomfort.

For any schools using a network of A:M clients a teacher (even from afar) could step in and perform.a demonstration, fix a problem or otherwise direct the student.

Icons showing all available connections allow for quick movement from one computer to the next.

For those on a network or running Rendernodes it can be useful to remotely log onto the rendering computers to adjust settings and troubleshoot.

For those worried about security there are many security features but in the end if someone wants to own your computer they already own it.so don't let that be the deciding factor on whether you should consider use of enabling technologies. Just understand the risks and take appropriate precautions.

If you miss this offer it's definitely not the end of the world.

Other (free) programs that perform similarly can be found such as Team Viewer.

The primary difficulty I encountered

The offer from SOS can be found here: https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-litemanager-pro-100-discount

It states the offer is good for the next 2 days which has it expiring on 8/18/2017.

Here's a random vase with entirely too many cross sections I lathed remotely:

I am not convinced at this point that remote lathing is a major technological enabler but I did watch Martin Hash's 'Telepresence' movie so perhaps aliens could use A:M remotely from billions of light years away to lathe their vases too. The time from initial download to final lathed vase was approx. 1 hour.even with a few fits and starts on getting my computers initially to connect. The main problem with working with A:M remotely was a slight lag and finickiness when resizing windows as the cursor didn't always want to show. If I just trusted that the cursor was in the right spot I could adjust and move on. There is likely a setting that lets the user better control the cursor but I haven't looked for it.

Technically remote computing qualifies as a 'revolutionary' innovation as it provides a bridge to shorten spans of time and space.

So, while I don't have much of a plan to use it in this fashion it is on my radar.

remotelathing.png