Hash, Inc. Forums

Female CG character contest

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

The prizes may not be of great use to A:M users and the judging criteria are rather hazy, but a lot of you already have great looking female characters on the shelf that might be dusted off to be worthy entries.

4ad18399-bafb-40fd-af62-ecdd290a46ce.jpg

https://www.cgtrader.com/challenges/3d-challenge-female-characters#section-awards

• Admin

We have more than a few people that can win in this category.

I note that it doesn't mention a file format but I would assume at least one copy submitted would need to be OBJ.

Some info from the contest:

The Female Character challenge is open to all designers, no matter their field: both high poly and low poly models can enter the competition.
Submit your female model to the corresponding category:

• Realistic character (regular women, historical figures, girls, etc., representing various professions, including everyday people)
  • Imaginary character (sci-fi, cartoon, fantasy, stylized, etc.)

Submissions deemed to be adult content are not eligible to participate in the contest.

I see this as well:

Terms & Conditions

In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.

Things you must know

• The Female character challenge will run from the 13th of February to the 15th of May.
  • There is no polygon limit, therefore both high poly and low poly models can compete for the prizes.
  • Submissions deemed to be adult content are not eligible to participate in the contest.
  • Cool renderings are optional but we will definitely consider the presentation of the model when judging.
  • Only 3D models uploaded during the period from the 13th of February to the 15th of May will be treated as valid entries.
  • Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
  • Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
  • The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
  • You can submit as many entries as you want.
  • Only models that do not contradict 3D-Coat’s voice will qualify for the prize provided by 3D-Coat.
  • Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
  • All the entries must be original and not derivable.
  • Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
  • Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
  • We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.

Can we get an editorial opinion from Jason Simonds on 3D-Coat’s voice ? I've never seen such a thing in CGI circles afore. There is a bit of a snag(disadvantage) using A:M and then submitting an .obj as they bequest... when I open an obj in C4D that I made in A:M, there is considerable rebuilding to get it halfway presentable, and I am sure there would be work to do as well down the line if you opened it in Maya or Houdini or Max... plus the fact that some of the cool A:M features would need to be reinvented altogther or just forgotten- like A:M hair or SSS...

• Hash Fellow

It may be impractical on format grounds, I agree.

Yeah, the voice thing is weird. It's like they invented the typewriter and now are worried that someone's writing dirty books with it.

• Admin
an editorial opinion from Jason Simonds on 3D-Coat’s voice ?

Eh?

This is quite a very old controversy (the 3D coat voice thing). Circa 2007 even.

Regarding the OBJ thing... say on. Say on.

submitting an .obj as they bequest

I didn't see anywhere where OBJ was suggested but I doubt they will easily be able to open native .mdl files.

I'd be happy to be wrong in this.

Of course perhaps we can include a subscription to A:M along with our entries.

If your entry can't get passed that morality clause, you're probably not getting the point of the contest. :-)

They are looking for *female-friendly* female models to encourage young girls to consider the CGI/gaming industry ...not over-sexualized pinups.