Roger

Mentor

• *A:M User*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • Somewhere in the midwest...
  • Windows

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

So I've got a good start here on an old-school Christmas light.   Not sure if I should add a point source light to it in addition to the glow material.   

Attached Thumbnails

• old_style_xmas_light.png

...............................................................................................................

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23060 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

You'll only need a light if you need the lens flare effect OR if you need it to actually illuminate something.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CST

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Don't miss the Animation:Master Insect Image Contest Results

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 Roger

Roger

Mentor

• 1567 posts
  • Windows

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

I don't really need to do either.   I haven't decided if I want to go old-school lights or if I want to do the mini lights.   Maybe I will do a mix, or try both and see which I like better. 

...............................................................................................................

#4 Roger

Roger

Mentor

• 1567 posts
  • Windows

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

Well I'm going to do both the twinkling lights and the old-school, I think.

I've been playing around with generating a pine tree via the Treez plugin and so far I'm not happy with the results, I don't really think it is meant for conifers/evergreens, and due to the nature of the branch and trunk style I think it may be better to just model the trunk and branches separately.  

#5 Roger

Roger

Mentor

• 1567 posts
  • Windows

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

Ok, I think I have a really good start at a pine branch here, what do you guys think?    Now I just need to clone a few hundred of these to build my tree.   Too bad I can't turn them into some sort of fractal hair emitter, that might make it quicker.   

Attached Thumbnails

• pine_branch.png

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23060 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

I really think the treez plugin is the way to go

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#7 Roger

Roger

Mentor

• 1567 posts
  • Windows

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

I must be missing something incredibly obvious because I haven't figured out any way to make pine branches with the Treez plugin, only deciduous type trees.  

#8 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23060 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

Sent you a PM

Robert Holmén
------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users