Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • 503-616-6782
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

I just discover that Pauline is one of the new character for poser, and I think they had a game engine in mind with that model, because I just notice that Pauline have about half the polygon that Victoria 4 have. I was able to import Pauline into Hash, and has very few patch issues. It also moves around inside of Hash and quite workable. This might be the workflow in getting a ready made model into Hash. They also have Paul the male figure that im guessing about the same level of polygon suitable for import.

#2 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Very cool :).

Could you post an image on how the model came in?

Best regards

*Fuchur*

"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#3 ruscular

ruscular

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • 503-616-6782
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

szmqAut.jpg

took me 1:40 minute to load it in!

#4 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

I did this same type conversion multiple times a few years back. It brought in the UV's correctly,

but since the mesh was so dense, I ended up spending way too much time doing a complete

retopology on the character. I think I was able to complete two or three of those. Unfortunately I

was so exhausted that I gave up after the first few attempts to rigg them. I will say this, though......

I got the model to look really close even though I shed about 70-85% of the splines.

#5 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

In another thread I broached the idea of applying neural network "deep learning" to the task of resplining dense polygon shapes down to A:M splines.

If you presented it with enough examples of correct conversions... eventually it would figure it out and be able to do it for you?  That's the general premise.

But I'll also note that we have people on this forum, like Steve Shelton, who can knock out good-looking realistic humans in A:M quite handily.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#6 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

In another thread I broached the idea of applying neural network "deep learning" to the task of resplining dense polygon shapes down to A:M splines.

If you presented it with enough examples of correct conversions... eventually it would figure it out and be able to do it for you?  That's the general premise.

But I'll also note that we have people on this forum, like Steve Shelton, who can knock out good-looking realistic humans in A:M quite handily.

Where are Steve's realistic humans? Are there any samples on the forum? I'm not sure if I've seen them.

#7 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

Where are Steve's realistic humans? Are there any samples on the forum? I'm not sure if I've seen them.

Here's a thread with lots of WIP shots. 

https://www.hash.com...showtopic=44044

post-7041-1387865287_thumb.jpg

post-7041-0-12818200-1444542565_thumb.jp

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#8 ruscular

ruscular

Craftsman

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • 503-616-6782
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Windows

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Those are some nice looking low res model!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users