Hash, Inc. Forums

Pass the Chinese HippoDragon

NancyGormezano

Rendered with 1 pass final, at half size, no compression, 121 frames at 24 fps, hair, transparency, 1 level reflection, IBL, AI = 50%, 1 zbuff light. (2-4 secs frame render time).

Then slowed animation down using QT pro to 1/2 speed (doubles number of frames), doubled the resolution to 864 x 486, mpeg4 medium quality.

hipwatercomp9slo.mov

• Admin

Nice Nancy! :)

(I'd like to see the camera pulled back just a little more)

Those Hippogyrafs are truly fascinating creatures.

Legend has it they are the eyes and ears of Ozma of Oz.

Spellbinding.

Every time there is a new entry I just can't wait to see it!

The imaginations are as amazing as the skills.

That's really nice Nancy.

I love the way you did the entry and the style.

I think she is a ballerina in her heart.

Rendered with 1 pass final, at half size, no compression, 121 frames at 24 fps, hair, transparency, 1 level reflection, IBL, AI = 50%, 1 zbuff light. (2-4 secs frame render time).

Then slowed animation down using QT pro to 1/2 speed (doubles number of frames), doubled the resolution to 864 x 486, mpeg4 medium quality.

really nice, love the hippo's design

Thanks peeps -

I can not take credit for the original models: The HippoGyraf was used on TWO - originally designed and modeled by Will Sutton, rigged by David Simmons (not sure if also by Mark Skodacek). The Squetchy Ball was by Robert Holmen, for the 1st "Pass the Ball".

I've just re-textured and re-hairyized the HG to become "Gung-Ho Fat Boy".

For now, I've played with the "ripple waves", and tested out soft reflections on ball. Also changed lighting some (to color white, AI - 50%, instead of from Image).

Rodney - I played with moving the camera back - but I prefer it up closer for now.

TNT - Yes, I did ballet as a young-un - gave it up when I went to college. It has never left my soul.

This clip rendered at 4 pass, 24fps, 1 level reflectivity, soft reflections at 20% quality - total render time = 46 minutes (122 frames, 432x243). Ave 22 secs/frame, ranged from 6-38 secs/frame.

Used QTpro to compress to medium mpeg4, double the resolution, and slow the fps

LoopSloMedDblsiznormalspeedsize4pass0.mov