Hash, Inc. Forums

Amplitude, general usage

John Bigboote

This might be a question for JohnL3d...

I may have a use for a 'sound triggered' action... and remembered that A:M V18 has a new feature called 'Amplitude'. IS THERE any instructions on enacting this new technology? I searched the forum, found some movies that John had made... just wondering what the process is to find it, get it to work, and what properties it can control. ?

This is basic tut (I rushed the idea so if there are any questions etc please ask)

You have a model and set up a percent pose slider that controls model you can have more than 1 pose and sound and or frequency but this is basic

so we have model with pose in chor have an action with just the sound on the model then we go into the models pose as pictured below right click and pick amplitude

Screenshot1.jpg

This will show window were you select same sound and set low and high percent of pose you can then hit visualize and see how the sound frequency effect the loudness(amplitude) of the sound and select accordingly (hit escape key to end visualization)

Screenshot2.jpg

this will add info to pose settings

Then you can play chor and see results

amplitudesample.mov

Here are sound and project file

amplitudetut.zip

Perfectly clear. Thank-You very much John! I hope you worked out your car situation. I ended-up using a similar effect in Adobe After Effects called Trapcode Sound Keys, but the client got weirded-out by the tight reaction to the audio. BUT- boy do I EVER want to give amplitude a try now that I know how straight-forward a plug-in it is to use.

• 3 years later...