Hash, Inc. Forums

Stalled Trek: TMG: The Bore of Both Worlds

largento

Okay, I'm going for it!

There's a Fan Days convention here in October. Allowing time for DVDs to be made, that gives me 119 days to create another 15-minute film.

And somehow do the web series, too.

I've decided to do a parody of the TNG episode, "The Best of Both Worlds". It's probably one of their best-known episodes. It's the two-parter when Picard is captured by the Borg and turned into Locutus.

This is going to be a big one, but it should be a lot of fun and appeal to a whole other generation. Pun intended.

Oooooo.... A sequel! :)

What would be cool, is if you could get Wil Wheaton to say "Woof!" and just keep using it over and over anytime "Woofly Crusher" is asked something. :lol:

Thanks, guys. I'm just in the writing stage now. Amutt Time had the benefit of having had several "drafts" that were written over 16 years that I could use as the basis for the script. :-)

The plan right now is to do both parts in one 15 minute movie, so there'll be a lot of things that will be trimmed out.

I do have a running gag I like for Wesley Crusher in this, but I don't know if it will make it in yet.

TNG serviced a lot more characters than TOS did, and this one adds Cmdr. Shelby as a large part of the show. Just thinking out loud, there's: Picard, Riker, Data, Geordi, Worf, Troi, Dr. Crusher, Wesley, Guinan, Shelby, an Admiral and then the Borg, of course.

It's going to be tricky condensing all of this.

• 3 weeks later...