Hash, Inc. Forums

Astronaut Bus Stop

number

The action for turning around seemed to work quite well. I really like the model, and the moon-like low gravity motion.

A couple of very minor suggestions or "quickie" ideas to consider:

• In the walk cycle, when his left foot is about to hit the ground, it is slightly ... jumpy? I mean just before it hits the ground. That's the one place that seems to jar me slightly out of the illusion of low gravity.
  • Sound! I have 2 suggestions for sound. One is for when his feet hit the ground, maybe a brief scrunching in dirt kind of sound. The second is breathing, as if he's breathing through a ventilator, almost Darth Vader type breathing, but slower and with a bit of pause between breaths.
  • A cute and easy little gag is maybe at the end have him look at his watch, maybe right after the toe taps. That might mean adding a watch onto the model.

You've got a really nice entry!

Thanks for the feedback, Chris.

I adjusted the hop action. I found that I had some hold keys on the hips that would pop out the left leg. Should be a little smoother. Thanks for pointing out.

Now that I have a little more time, I've added the watch animation . Need to add to the model.

Great ideas about the sounds. I'll try to record some effects this weekend.

Latest WIP attached.

YourName_0000.mov

• 3 months later...