Photo

Page scrambled

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:53 AM

When I go to my tutorials page it looks like some sort of pink alert has been declared.

It's a regular forum thread like any other, right?

tutspage.JPG

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6962 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

Perhaps we can get someone to confirm that they see it too and it's not isolated to you.
When I go to the page (logged in or out) I see the topic/posts as expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLq-I9Ziq10

"Animation is 90 percent hard work.  The other half is entirely mental!"
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#3 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

When I try it right now, it's OK again.

However, I recall previous times that I also got the SQL error thing. 

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#4 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6962 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

SQL errors point to a server (database) processing origin so it could relate to a temporary problem such as rebooting of the server where some part of the process has not yet come back on line.

While I'm not up on SQL the specific error in this case has a lot of cache references so that would suggest to me the temporary nature of the problem in that information in the cache has been temporarily corrupted and has to be refreshed.  I would imagine that a reboot of the server would resolve problems like that (that'd be the fix that will solve most server problems) but there is also likely a way to clear and then refresh that cache more directly.  I'll guess that most server admins would just reboot the server and press on.

For thoroughness's sake...

It is unclear to me if this relates to your specific error but the topic/post under consideration is quite heavy on links so that could very well be a factor as the server does have to parse though all of those links, recognize them as such and then present them to the browser/viewer.  I'm not sure why that sticks in my brain but the thought pursuing the problem makes me think that separating the post into sub posts would be worth investigating.  

There are of course other things that could be examined.  For instance, the forum does have some default/limits for such things as images per post etc.

Where found, those settings are generally adjusted to eliminate or negate restrictions.

#5 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

For thoroughness's sake...

It is unclear to me if this relates to your specific error but the topic/post under consideration is quite heavy on links so that could very well be a factor ..

I wondered if there might be a limit on links so I reserved two blank posts at the very beginning to make additions to.  But if there is a limit on links per topic then that won't solve it.

Robert Holmén
------

#6 Rodney

Rodney

• Admin
  • 6962 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

I'm not aware of any limit on links per post and in the past such topics as 'Useful Links' that had many links never ran into a similar problem.

This seems to be more of a server related issue that is periodic in nature where the repetition of the problem relates to some server related function further associated with SQL and the caching of topic/post data.

Jason might be able to look at that error and know exactly what is going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users