Photo

MP3 import

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23982 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

When I import an MP3 file it does show up in the PWS but with the message "MP3 File not fully supported yet" Is there any form of MP3 that is supported? I was trying it because I figured I could drastically reduce the size of a HA:MR file if it had MP3 sound instead of WAV.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#2 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

When I import an MP3 file it does show up in the PWS but with the message "MP3 File not fully supported yet"

Is there any form of MP3 that is supported?

I was trying it because I figured I could drastically reduce the size of a HA:MR file if it had MP3 sound instead of WAV.

Yeah, would be great... or even better: What about Midi-Files? Would be even smaller for simple music.
*Fuchur*
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#3 Phobos

Phobos

New User

• A:M User
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Wirral U.K.
  • Windows

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

Hi; I don't know about MP3's in HAMR ,but Wav files can hold some compression format, such as Micro Law(uLaw) and ALaw these are basic compression but smaller than PCM (Pulse Code Modulation). You'd have to set them manually. If you have something like Roxio Sound editor or Goldwave, you can change formats within them and I think windows recorder does it too. I'm not 100% sure , but Quicktime now supports Mpeg4 and so should support MP3 and so I am Assuming MP3 could be used in AM but they may be having trouble getting it to work in realtime. :o Smaller is sometimes better!
"Creation Through Technology" ©

#4 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:34 PM

Hi;
I don't know about MP3's in HAMR ,but Wav files can hold some compression format, such as Micro Law(uLaw) and ALaw these are basic compression but smaller than PCM (Pulse Code Modulation). You'd have to set them manually. If you have something like Roxio Sound editor or Goldwave, you can change formats within them and I think windows recorder does it too. I'm not 100% sure , but Quicktime now supports Mpeg4 and so should support MP3 and so I am Assuming MP3 could be used in AM but they may be having trouble getting it to work in realtime.

:o Smaller is sometimes better!

Use Audacity.
It is a freeware sound-editor with many many features and of course it can change the format of the file.
*Fuchur*
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#5 k_chaffin

k_chaffin

Journeyman

• Hash, Inc
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Ken Chaffin
  • Texas
  • Windows
  • Programmer:Yes

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

When I import an MP3 file it does show up in the PWS but with the message "MP3 File not fully supported yet"

Is there any form of MP3 that is supported?

I was trying it because I figured I could drastically reduce the size of a HA:MR file if it had MP3 sound instead of WAV.

Robert,

If you notice, the WebHAMR AlienSong demo uses an MP3. Seems like when I set this up the only thing I had to do was fool around with the sound start time in the TimeLine. Someone else had converted the WAV file to MP3 and I just used that. I think you can fairly safely use MP3's if you're willing to play around a bit to get the start time right. But then, maybe this has been fixed. I'm not sure about that.

Ken Chaffin- Hash, Inc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users