Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Invasion

xor

I was going to submit a second entry for the "toon" contest, but Steve informed me I could only do one. So, this is just a quick pic I did the other day. It's nothing spectacular, but fun nonetheless. I created the Alien a couple years back, just never did anything with him, but now that I've got TSM, he's boned and rigged. Comments and critiques are welcome, but the picture is pretty much finished. Time to move on to other things. (v10.5 / WIN98se / AMD 2400+ / 512 MB / ATI Radeon9200)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's shame you are finished with it, but by adding a large low intensity volumetric backlight behind the intruders would have made them pop out more. Overall everything about the environment looks great and shows the amount of time you applied to developing and lighting the set.

Okay, you caught my bluff. I just may add that volumetric lighting. I was playing around with trying to create a little darkness in the background and have that alien in the far back barely visible.

Thanks. See if this is what you guys are talking about with the volumetric light. It's low intensity. I probably should've added more detail in the room their coming from. ARGHHHH!!! No wonder projects hardly ever get finished, we can always see what else needs to be done. :wacko: I think I'm done. ;)

Looks good. How about having a scout signal the rest as the others as they crowd the opening. Waiting for a signal to proceed. Now add an unseen problem for the scout and the group. Like a big guard of some type standing just behind him with his arms crossed and tapping his foot. Give him that parental look; "Who's gonna pay for this damage and fix my wall" kind of expression. Shot 2: Have his compatriots pass the opening and startle in horror at the sight of the guard looming behind the scout. :) Shot 3: Scout looks at the crew with that; "What?"; expression. Shot 3-1/2 As the scouts realizes his mistake and his stomach sinks and knees get week. Shot 4: The scatter and dance of the little green dudes. As panic ensues.

• 1 month later...

Looks REALLY nice. Maybe crop it a bit; there's dead space along the bottom of the picture where nothing is happening, and since the aliens are the focus of the pic anyway ... why not bring us closer to them and the action? Or scatter the debris farther out into the room to make use of the space? Alternatively, you could add more drama and a layer of depth to the image by putting another alien up closer to the camera -- sort of like he's barking orders to the horde spilling in behind him. Maybe, by way of visually explaining how the hole was made, you could add some fire and smoke behind the aliens from the just-detonated bomb. Perhaps obscure the aliens partially in the smoke as they emerge, adding some menace and mystery. These are more suggestions than critiques; the actual image works quite nicely all by itself. :)