#1 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

This is a random question for you guys/ gals. 

Anyone interested in modelling/ rigging the Jonny Quest(1964 original series) Characters??

:) :)

#2 Shelton

Shelton

Steve Shelton

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2262 posts
  • Steve Shelton
  • Tulsa, OK
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

Yes. I loved Johnny Quest.
In Production (somewhat of a production) "Cupid's Sick Day"

#3 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hey Shelton,

Awesome.. Will be back in touch soon.

:) 

#4 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23034 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

Ya know.... I actually was going to try doing one of them and I started looking real closely at the cartoons to get a sense of what made them up and... geez, so many shots are "off-model" that it's hard to find good ones that you'd use as reference. :D

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CST

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Don't miss the Animation:Master Insect Image Contest Results

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#5 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

Ya know.... I actually was going to try doing one of them and I started looking real closely at the cartoons to get a sense of what made them up and... geez, so many shots are "off-model" that it's hard to find good ones that you'd use as reference. :D

That's the beauty of 3d.....it doesn't go off model. You have to work from a model sheet and ignore the problems they had on the series where time ran out and money. The

original series has fantastic moments and also struggled with extreme deadlines where animators had to be pulled from the Flinstones to get shots done. Unfortunately, that resulted

in artists who were not quite up to the task to deliver the quality of the Quest series.

Here's a fantastic example of Race Bannon from the model sheets..... Done by John Picha:

xhttps://www.youtube....h?v=e3aPCxUiV0s

#6 detbear

detbear

Chronic Visualist

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • - - - -

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

Forgive my mis-spelling of Hanna Barbera in the thread title? I always seem to get it wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users