Hash, Inc. Forums

The Fish

• Admin

Yeah, that background... or lack of it can be a real pain.

I have an approach to that that may serve other folks well too: If I know that I need to change any aspect of the Ground I will either remove it via Delete or (something I've been doing a lot more these days) I will rename the Ground model as 'Groundplane'. This gives me an immediate hint that I've altered the model and it also prevents any unnecessary concerns about overwriting the file or having it overwritten/rewritten by the default ground plane (when creating a new Project). A:M won't overwrite the Ground model but... it just makes me feel better knowing that it's not the default ground plane. Then in some cases I'll just modify the current default (going in from a Right side and lifting the back-most Control Points of the ground grid and lifting the middle ones slightly to prevent awkward passthroughs of feet etc. More often than not I'll just replace then entire ground plane or (in cases where I know I'll want to composite a background that may change later) delete the Ground and leverage the power of Alpha Channels.

More info than needed but I had to do something while waiting for your fish project to appear... ;)