Hash, Inc. Forums

Dynamic Constraints?

higginsdj

That looks pretty nice! The dynamic constraint *is* automatic (i.e., if a character waves that epee around, it will bounce just like what you've got), but I believe there's an extra step if you do a multipass render, at least there used to be. It used to be, before rendering, zero out the constraint and check "Simulate Spring Systems". I believe that was it, but hopefully someone here can shed more light.

• Hash Fellow

They really haven't changed much since you've been away.

Basically you apply the constraint to the last bone in the chain (or your one bone). Then you mess with settings and do test renders.

"Bake Dynamic Constraints" in the Chor can be used to lock the motion in so NetRender isn't recomputing the dynamics for every frame. It also makes i tpossible to scrub quickly in scenes with such constraints.

There are many possible outcomes, only one of which is right for your scene. You WILL need to spend time tinkering with the many options the constraint provides.

I believe the Tech Talk video on Dynamic constraints is still good info.