New User

• A:M User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hi, Well i have been doing tuts etc im on the say this one regarding lip sync. The Problem is when scrubbing i can not get any sound. but i do get sound when i click on the word or hit play. it just wont play when scrubbing. I have tried pressing the num lock key and using the + - but still no sound. I have am 11.1, windows 7 32bit , 2gb ram, duel core cpu, Sound blaster audigy (pci) and built in soundmax audio in mother board. Win 7 is set to use the sound blaster. Anyone know if V11.1 had problems with scrubbing or is there a fix available? Thank you in advance :) edited: just disabled the on board audio to make sure its only seeing the sound blaster and it still has no sound when scrubbing.

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23869 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I just gave good ol' v11.1i a try and I was indeed able to hear sound when i scrubbed the timeline. Make sure you don't have the "mute" property ON nor have the "volume" property set to zero. If you can hear the sound by clicking on it in the sounds folder that suggests that at leastyour audio card is working. You did drop the sound in the chor, right? It shows up as a wave form at the bottom of the chor.

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT (1700 GMT)

Watch the 2017 "Summer Memories" Image Contest Awards

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 NETech2470

NETech2470

New User

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I just gave good ol' v11.1i a try and I was indeed able to hear sound when i scrubbed the timeline.

Make sure you don't have the "mute" property ON nor have the "volume" property set to zero.

If you can hear the sound by clicking on it in the sounds folder that suggests that at leastyour audio card is working.

You did drop the sound in the chor, right? It shows up as a wave form at the bottom of the chor.

I did exactly as the tut showed. just checked the mute in properties and it was not muted.
This is exactly what i did.
1- new project then models double click kit kat and close
2-double click on actions in project menu (which opens kit kat in action window)
3-goto lib and pick sounds "secret" drag and drop into kit kat action window
4- right click in action window and new dope sheet, type words and press enter
5- words show up and i can click the word and play which works but srcubbing from play marker at top of the timeline box just moves the face animation with no sound.

Im think maybe i should just reinstall but i dont think it will fix it. I did do a reset to default settings and still no scrub sound.
I did try removing the win 7 compatibility settings with no change.
im stumped, i looked on on the net for days and these forums, only think i found was the press num lock and plus which did not correct it.

I guess the only thing left is to uninstall and reinstall & try again if not then i guess disable my sound blaster and enable the built in audio card. other then that i am lost on what to do grrrr. I did render it out to avi and the voice is there its just the scrubbing which is needed to fine tune the lip sync.
Any ideas or anything before I take the plunge and reinstall everything?
Yes it does show up twice, once at the top in project workspace and at the bottom located at top of the Time line.

#4 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23869 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

If you just drop the sound into a new blank chor and scrub, do you hear anything?

Robert Holmén
------

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#5 NETech2470

NETech2470

New User

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

If you just drop the sound into a new blank chor and scrub, do you hear anything?

no just tried, same thing works when play is pressed but no sound with scrubbing in timeline.

#6 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23869 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Well, it's a mystery. I'd say table that exercise for the moment and press on to another one.

Robert Holmén
------

#7 NETech2470

NETech2470

New User

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Well, it's a mystery. I'd say table that exercise for the moment and press on to another one.

Well I got the scrubbing to work. But it only works with the on board audio chip and not the Sound blaster pci card.
very weird why would it work with c-media onboard audio but not work fully with sound blaster audigy card.
hmmmm the SB card has the latest drivers.
Well at least its working just wished i could use the better sound card. least i narrowed it down to where the problem is.
Thanks for your help :) any idea on why a SB card wont scrub with AM?

#8 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 23869 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Not a clue, but your dogged persistence in solving the problem will serve you well in the future. B)

Robert Holmén
------

#9 NETech2470

NETech2470

New User

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Not a clue, but your dogged persistence in solving the problem will serve you well in the future. B)

I got it , Turns out that by going to the sound blaster Properties then Advanced Tab and Disabling the Sound Blaster Enhancements corrects the problem. now it scrubs fine but only when that setting is disabled.

Thank you for your help :)
Anyone eles having this problem should check there settings as well.
now i can get back to learning :)
thanks again !

#10 NETech2470

NETech2470

New User

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Wayne
  • Fall River, Ma
  • Windows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Im like that in animating to lol, I think im to picky when it comes to perfection as I find myself rechecking everything so it looks the best as possible when creating. just about every bias handle etc i tweak. I need to find a balance between it looking the best vrs the time involved.

Thank you for your time and quick replys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users