Hash, Inc. Forums

2001 skelington help

breakthelocke

Hi I just rigged a character up with the 2001 skeleton- I'm in the process of rigging up the squetch on another... that thing is tough. Anyways, here's my problem: when I open up my character (2001 rig) in an action or a chor, his hand targets and elbow rotate are gone. I just can't find out how to get them there-- i'm new to rigging, so any basic answer would help. thanks!

Hi I just rigged a character up with the 2001 skeleton- I'm in the process of rigging up the squetch on another... that thing is tough. Anyways, here's my problem: when I open up my character (2001 rig) in an action or a chor, his hand targets and elbow rotate are gone. I just can't find out how to get them there-- i'm new to rigging, so any basic answer would help. thanks!

I didn't answer earlier because I wasn't sure I understood the question...I'm still not sure, but I'll answer the question I think is being asked.

The hand targets and elbow controls are used when the arms are in IK (Inverse Kinematic)...the default is FK (Forward Kinematic). If you want IK in the 2001 rig, you have to turn on the "Ik Arms Setup" Pose in the "Rig/Setup" folder.

I hope that answers the question.