Hash, Inc. Forums

First Pass At My Pass The Ball

fae_alba

Here's my submission...I'm not entirely happy with it, but I had to simplyfy things as camera movement and such was starting to get out of hand. I still need to do a final render and perhaps some tweeking of the camera and timing, so if any of you have suggestions let me have 'em.

Cool! Newton physics? :)

Lights! Lots of flashing lights. :)

No physics..I didn't have the time to learn a new trick (this was done in basically 1 hr incriments between software "builds" for my job). The ball is simply constrained to a path, the camera is keyframed all the way. It wasnot my first choice, but I had to get this done. I at first wanted the camera to follow the ball along the chute to give a roller coaster feel, but it became problematic, again because of time.

As for lights, my initial plan was to have all kinds of lights, in the chute, along the sides etc. I even had a trap set on the board where the ball would settle in it, then a series of lights would flash along the side. But alas...time is of the essence.

No physics..I didn't have the time to learn a new trick (this was done in basically 1 hr incriments between software "builds" for my job). The ball is simply constrained to a path, the camera is keyframed all the way. It wasnot my first choice, but I had to get this done.

That's a great solution! and a fun clip ! In many cases, straight simple key framing is faster & gives one more control in creating the "art" of motion.

And it's also fun to learn new tricks (when you have the time).

You've just taught me a new-old trick, in basically no time at all. Use a path for simulating some types of "Newton-style" motion! - love it!