- 6632:  Simcloth simulation crashes

• Fixed All:

- 6638:  NetRender crash when changing JPEG settings

• New All:

menu entry for Models "Renumber CP's" renumber the model cp's

Edited by Jason Simonds
broken IntelMac installer

Thanks for the update and the fixes!

Curious about the CP renumbering. I seem to recall getting a message every once in awhile that a model shared the same CP numbers or something like that. It hasn't ever stopped me from doing something. Is this new feature something we should use as part of good practice? Does it make the model more efficient?

• Admin
I was hoping that bug 6631 ("Depth sorting problems in choreography") would be fixed, but it's still there. And now the bug report is missing from the tracker.

Perhaps it's been moved to the v19 track, to which none of us have access.

When in doubt you can always resubmit.

I see, thank you!

Is it fixed for 18.0o in more recent Windows then, or is it V19 only?

I'm noticing the installer has become a bit leaner, so some of the ongoing cleanup work must have made this update.

I do not know why it was moved to v19.0 but it does not looked fixed in v18.0o.

It is on v19 not this version here. V19 will only be available for windows vista and newer though. (due to a compiler change I guess).

Since u use a subscription you will be able to use v19 when it is out (it is not yet available for beta testers neigther) but only with newer windows versions than xp.

see you

*fuchur*

What is the "Depth sorting problems in choreography" issue?

That details on v19 are hidden in the bug reports seems pointless (actually it seems downright stupid and harmful for the already dwindling community here) to me. (edit: to be clear I'm not saying all details or possible new features should be listed or informed about just the already posted and listed bugs is what I mean. It is helpful to know what is or isn't reported and also seeing and knowing if one is being worked on helps and might even generate some confidence about the sofware.)

Is the same splash screen going to be used or will there be a contest or what?

• Admin

It's pretty common practice for Alpha releases not to be public.

That Steffen, or whomever, decided to grab an issue from v18 to resolve in v19 is an extra benefit... a little confusion easily resolved (I took a wild guess at what might have happened to the report)

Yes, it would be optimal if the reporter could get a note that the issue has been addressed/fixed in a release yet to be made public but the nature of Apha releases is such that fixes could easily go away as other things change. In the heat of moving a new release toward the public some documentation and notification is sure to get missed.

So what to do about it?

I'd say we should do exactly what Nemyax (and you) did... ask a question related to the issue. :)

Is the same splash screen going to be used or will there be a contest or what?

New splash screens are the norm with each major release.

Along with the beginning of the new year a mascot contest is usually launched so it's a good bet we'll be seeing that soon. Get your characters ready!

What is the "Depth sorting problems in choreography" issue?

I recall reading the report but will defer to others more knowledgeable.

Aside: I get excited when I see the little updates (like reordering CPs) because they lay groundwork for the future.

• Hash Fellow

There is a tiny drop-down menu at the top right corner of the Reports screen. I guess when you try to switch to v19 on that, there is no "v19" for you?

Since robcat2075 is able test v19 alpha I'll assume he can see the bug reports for v19 an I'd supposedly the moved 6631 issue, so instead of gloating how about answering the what is the "Depth sorting problems in choreography" issue question?

I wasn't gloating, I was just happy to report on this new milestone for A:M. :lol:

Issue 6631 "Depth Sorting..." is indeed now a v19 issue and is marked as solved and a quick check in the v19 I have indicates it is so.

• Hash Fellow

WhatsTheNews... I'll note that a temporary work-around for the sort-order thing is to go to the PWS, go to the chor, and drag "Shortcut to Ground" to the top of the Chor so it is first in the list rather than last.

We are in really really early testing for v19.0 there is a lot of changes only people given the installer at this time can see v19.0 or report to it. Because of one of the things that needs to be fixed/updated there is no way to take on more people for testing at this time. But as things move on we will look to add tester like in the past I may post here looking for testers then move those to see the v19.0 reports. But this is really really early in the update process so it maybe a while off.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The bias handles are only showing the ends on my machine. Just replaced my video card with an Nvidia GTX 950. Anyone else have this?

This is a bug which is already fixed in the next version. Does not have to do with your graphic card.

See you

*Fuchur*