Hash, Inc. Forums

Great animation video software-tool for creation?

• Admin

If *After Effects* is the target quality and power in software I'll recommend giving Blackmagic Design's Fusion a try.

Fusion is a free program used in many hollywood movies and has nigh unlimited motion graphics capabilities.

The paid version adds plugin and collaboration tools and costs $995.

It's primary difference from After Effects is that instead of 'layers' it has 'nodes'. That's the primary paradigm shift.

Interestingly, and as Robert alludes to, Animation:Master itself has much of the same capabilities as After Effects and Fusion although I dare say that A:M leans more toward the paradigm of 'nodes' although those are not presented to the user but rather the standard file menu.

At any rate, adding Fusion to the workflow is easy and cost effective.

The v9 release is rumored to be pending in the next few months and now would be a good time to get a head start toward using that via v7 or v8.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion

It can have a fairly steep learning curve but that curve is easily eradicated by viewing a few tutorial videos to get the mind wrapped around the concept of working with visible nodes (rather than the paradigm of layers which most people are familiar with). I have access to After Effects and occasionally find myself wanting to use it but it's (optimal) workflow relies heavily on plugins whereas with Fusion the user can basically write their own plugins/macros to get those highly technological jobs done.

Added:

There are quite a few video tutorials in circulation that cover specialized use of Fusion. The official 'Get Started' videos give a good overview of basic usage as well as hint at potential uses:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/training

Great Animation Realtime Software:

TouchDesigner, VVVV, iClone, Source Filmmaker, Muvisu, PureData, MAX/MSP, Fluxus, Isadora, Processing, CORAL, Lumion, Twinmotion, Unity, Unreal, Grasshopper(Rhino), Dinamo(Revit), Incendia, Apophisys, Fragmentarium, Mandelbuilder, Ready, NodeBox, Algodoo(Phun), Quest3D.... and more more cool tols

Is Quest3d available anymore? I used it in my diploma thesis, but now I think it is Lumio or something and very different from what I used....

See you

*Fuchur*

Unfortunately, they stopped developing after the release of the 5th version.

Usually, when I think of loops, I think of gif animations. The best software I have found for authoring gifs is Adobe Photoshop, but sometimes you need Adobe After Effects(or other moviemaking software, like A:M) to generate the animated content...