Hash, Inc. Forums

Render test

Tore

• Hash Fellow

I think a gamma adjustment could probably make any of those look more like any of the others.

Also, details like light falloff and surface falloff are probably not the same by default in each program so that may account for the different result even if the lights are in the same position.

Fascinating! Thanks for showing - gives me an idea of how different they are. Tho, I wouldn't know which one I prefer.

I prefer the more definition of the body curvature shadows in the other apps (due to occlusion shadows). Cinema 4d is too grainy. Lighting is weird in Messiah

Curious if you tried A:M using SSAO as well? Might help give more definition to the anorexia look as in the other renders?

How many render passes, what size image? 1 min seems long for that imagery (in A:M 18n?)

From the shadows, mainly from the observation of how it falls on the right armpit. the light placement may have a much larger impact on overall appearance than expected. For me, if the lighting is not setup exactly the same it makes it impossible to draw definitive conclusions.

Any form of GI will dramatically soften the surface curves.

Apart from that, the gamma correction, as pointed by Robert, is also a major factor.

• ____ 1