Hash, Inc. Forums

(Solved) Are there any A:M users here in the Philadelphia PA area?

Mechadelphia

I'm wondering...

Is anyone here in the A:M forums also in the Philadelphia Pennsylvania area and may be interested in meeting up to discuss all things Animation Master?

There used to be a group here years ago called the MAAM (Mid Atlantic Animation Master user group). We don't meet any more and it seems that all of the members of that group, except for me, no longer use A:M or have moved on to other things.

I think that it would be nice to actually meet other A:M users face to face again. It was pretty cool back then and I think that it could be pretty cool now even though it would not be the same group of people as before. I could go over some rigging stuff and maybe some modeling stuff too but I'm also interested in meeting other A:M users out there and learning about what they are up to as well.

If anyone here is in the Philadelphia area or close by and you may be interested in meeting up then let me know here and let's see what we can work out.

Thanks.

Edit (April 7th, 2018):

It looks like I may be the only Philadelphia area Animation Master user. :(

Thanks Robert.

I will certainly do that in the meantime. I just need to catch up on that post to see what i will need to be able to participate.

Still, it would be nice to meet other A:M users who may be in the area. Virtual meetings are truly a great thing to me but if the meeting participants are local then I would love to sit down with them in person.

• 1 month later...

It looks like I am the only Philadelphia area Animation Master user. :(

Well, at least the only one that uses these A:M forums.

I am not completely surprised but it certainly did not hurt to ask.

Well, I'll dive back into my rigging dungeon for now ;).

I'll to come up for air here more often though.

• Admin
I'll to come up for air here more often though.

It'll be good to see you more often here!

I've often bemoaned the fact that there are few A:M users locally but then I see the same lack of interest for computer character animation from any approach too.

And then to compound the matter there is a dearth of interest in other creative endeavors that align with that also.

My theory is that a lot of the interest that is there is largely superficial and follows the path of consumers rather than creators although I realize that might apply to me just as well as anyone else.

We often get inspired by what we see and experience but lose interest when the going gets rough and work must be done.

You represent someone with the patience (and insight) to rig characters and that sets you even further apart.

While a bit lonely... at least on the plus side... that's a great problem to have.

All the more reason to hang out here in the A:M Forum with each other. :)

Also: I don't want to downplay the importance of getting together in person wherever and wheever we can. I do wish we could do that more often.

If you get the chance you should drop in on Saturday Live Answer Sessions. It's not quite the same as being there in person but it's a close second.

Those sessions only last an hour (which is a good thing so people don't get burnt out) but nothing says folks can't still hang out together thereafter.