Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

v18b Hair Rendering Problem

• *A:M User*

Before I send a bug report, I thought I would ask here.

I upgraded to 18b and since that time the hair settings are not recognized on any of my characters. The grooming is fine but the hair only renders white in any setting. I have tried multiple settings in rendering mode and each time the hair is white. In fact, if a test render with no settings other than base color to the hair it still renders white. So, has anyone else run across this?

Steve

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before I send a bug report, I thought I would ask here.

I upgraded to 18b and since that time the hair settings are not recognized on any of my characters. The grooming is fine but the hair only renders white in any setting. I have tried multiple settings in rendering mode and each time the hair is white. In fact, if a test render with no settings other than base color to the hair it still renders white. So, has anyone else run across this?

Steve

Not yet. Rendered ok for me till now... v18c will come out pretty soon now... you may want to test it there again and if it does the same, you may file a bugreport.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

This looks like it is the same problem I was running into in Nancy's Panda topic.

What is facinating to me is that it appears that this bug is allowing the hair to cut through all geometry to reveal the background behind everything (i.e. leaving only the Alpha Channel).

As such if this little bug could be harnessed it could turn out to be a valuable feature. (i.e. anything this material was applied to would not only disappear in that particular scene it would cut a mask/matte all the way through to the background)

I suppose it will depend on what exactly the nature of the bug is.

What might success look like? I dunno, perhaps a second Multipass setting that allowed the user to enable this strange behavior.

It does appear to be Multipass related as I was rendering with 4x passes when it occurred.

UPDATE: Note that the hair rendered fine with multipass off (although I tested only for visibility, not for correct color).

• Developer

Was my fault , while I had changed some things to a faster random number generator .

It will be fixed in V18d . Hope I get it this version this weekend to Jason too .