• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

Simple as that!

You can adjust any of the image layers without needing to fix anything else, and even fix a few frames within a layer and just stitch together a new sprite sheet.

Easier than rendering a whole video over.  Plus, reuse old renderings.  Add more layers, take some out.  Just play a single JPEG layer with video capture...and stream it (yet to be done, obviously!).

Video capture yourself with a flat color background and lay it over an animation!  Put character animation on top of a JPEG sequence of an exotic (but real) location!

Oh well...I'm going to have to leave it be for awhile...but it's on Google Play, and the code removed from the website.  But the idea (for the last time, already!) is not what you see here, but that anyone could put their stuff on it.  As far as how to capitalize on that...don't know!  Open to suggestions!

Still at 1 download on Google Play! 

Attached Thumbnails

• props484.jpg
  • lights280.png
  • dancer14.png
  • background1.png
  • SPSCSht-00.png

"Are they just 'acting' oblivious, or am I?"

#52 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

sure that you are counting right? i downloaded and installed it too ;).
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#53 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• *A:M User*
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Google Analytics sounds easy... but was very difficult to implement.  I think setting up the app to display an image with sound at certain intervals would be a better approach.  Then try to sell those displays to potential companies to generate revenue.  Perhaps if it is sexually oriented we could test market in Moldova and, if successful, find ourselves juggling with a bunch of gorgeous East (or West, not picky) German chicks.

#54 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5004 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

;) moldovain is not really east germany but still it is likely you can find some of those poor souls in germany... but i am not sure you really want a woman of that kind... they most often had a very hard life if they got here...
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#55 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Ahh, but now I have the role of sleazy self-promoter, doing anything to get those downloads for a "B" app.  Might as well get a leisure suit and grease my hair now.  I'll be in the lounge with my pick-up line..."Is that an Android device?"  Then download my app in the morning before she wakes up.

Otherwise, I need to get the app to return to the MainMenu upon clicking the Back button instead of just exiting, make a way to select the "Dancer" with different music from there, put the AdMob advertisement there...make sure it all works...then I'll put the code back on the website to show a basic app that could be developed into a game, etc., but I think I'll just stick with the Electronic Dance Music and light show theme (I'll show theme, ha!), that's more interesting for animation, song and dance, etc.  (When you can't get to the rave, eh?).

#56 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Google Play required a "Banner Image" I think they called it, so I actually did slap this together, but honestly with A:M, it came out looking like a pretty good display about 'layers' and stuff. 

StarPlayer was such an easy name to play off of.  Is it an actual star, a Hollywood star?  Is it a video player or a game player or another type of 'player'?  But as I have some animation stuff, it's rendered star images as in the galaxy and it plays like a Walkman!  That's about it!  I'm going to get high on pills or jump off of a building.

Attached Thumbnails

• banner19.jpg

#57 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

Plan now is to set up Starplayer just like American Idol or America's Got Talent, etc.  But don't those shows have different names in different countries?

I think you can see the potential, so I won't go into great detail, but the ads load on my smartphone, so monoboom starplayer on Google Play may soon be worthy of "game" status.

Looking for Stars!...with a 12x12 256pixel-squared sprite sheet and a sound clip...

12 seconds to make your moment, then 5x12=1minute of fame on your new famous app, etc. etc.  The stage needs work before I'd say it's set.

#58 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

That's all I could come up with for a pre-rendered 2D application with 3D software.  So once done, I'll play with the 3D code.  

#59 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Fact is, I like it just the way the app is.  Any attempt to turn it into something profitable takes away from preserving the potential to go in a different direction later on.

Bye for now!

#60 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

I got a download for my app from Brazil!  How exciting!  But I don't know how to connect with such an individual as to how to exploit the potential of the application.

The website monoboom.co will disappear at the end of the month, so if you're interested in the Java Android code, get it while you can.

Otherwise, isn't there any interest at all here to put your animation on a "smartphone" device?  I'm really mystified sometimes about the vacuum of cyberspace.

And it's monoboom starplayer Space Dancing on Google Play  The animation is not nearly what it could be ... at this juncture.  But you have to at least smile at the naming.

#61 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

Once I'm in a position to develop further, we'll put better animation on youtube and promote multiple apps.  I just started a new engineering job, haven't had my own space, etc. for 6 years...so it's been crap to exchange, yet the best I could come up with.

I think it's all stored and able to rejiuvinate [sic] later.  Basically getting hit by the powers that (shouldn't!) be at this point, I think.  Can't afford the website, can't focus on animation, blah, blah, blah!  Can't find any interest out of 6 billion people!  Can't get a download on a Java based app.  Whatever!

I'd say about 3-4 months and it'll be on.  Hope that other stuff made sense.

#62 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Finally getting settled into a new apartment in the same city as the job that pays the bills.  It wasn't until I got my desk set up within view of the TV (last Friday) that I started working on A:M related things and re-orienting with the Android app.

Came up with the basic idea for the app just this afternoon after work.  A way to utilize what has already been developed and only need to make minor changes.  So here it is:

Remember The Gong Show? 

'nuff said?  Sure! 

...Oh, how I wanted to swing that [what would you call it?... stick?] into the gong someday.  Now! With the latest technology, one can "gong" a persons hard work on their phone, from anywhere!  And tell them it stinks with a single touch!  Then move on to the next act.

Can't use "The Gong Show" though as that would be ripping off another name.  Would have to come up with another name.  Then get a website with the real McCoy dot.com, but with all of the cybersquatters (scumbags) or, I'm sorry, "Domain Investors" (scumbags), it's sometimes hard to find a decent domain name without looking at a $10,000+/- price tag just for the domain that is taken for the sole purpose of hanging a for sale sign on it.  Go [explicative] yourself, or as Warren Sapp said, "I pay them no mind".  So monoboom, starplayer, or stardancer are just crap names but still utilizable on Google Play.

"Gonging" wouldn't ring a bell with a lot of people younger than myself today.  But "bounce" is still a term that is recognized.  So, hmmm?  One wouldn't utter Gong Show without first saying The, so a basketballer's website shouldn't conflict.  And the host could eventually bounce in.  The host could be Bouncay!  just thought of that.  "Be a bouncer" ie. judge of work presented.  Etc., etc., etc.  So until I come up with a better name.  But you haven't figured out the name just yet.  Well it was the best available website name, and totally not important to the cause :facepalm:.  Beavis giggling and saying "Boing!" is more appealing I'll admit.  But, whatever.  You touch the button and the sequence of images that tosses the act out runs and the next one plays, waiting for a rating, hopefully.

An act [next big area to develop/figure out] would consist of a folder on the ftp site containing sprite sheets and a sound file to be played in the app.  So, to be an "act" that's all you need. 

Google's suggestion to my previous submittal was to optimize it for tablets.  Hence, higher resolution images directed to bigger screens.  And figuring all that out.  But it's still just the same old sound and video, with the ability to choose whether or not to watch or listen concept.

There will need to be an act with a character with a paper bag on their head telling jokes.  Just out of respect.

#63 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

Edit to add: <worthless post>

Attached Thumbnails

• Vera0000.png

#64 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

Removed as deemed no longer relevant

Attached Thumbnails

• Vera0000.png

#65 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:00 PM

I put in some eyebrows and that makes a BIG difference for expressions emotions, I would say!  Just a simple muscle motion had like 7 emotions I could come up with, but I'm showing 3.  I just added a spline above the spline above the eyes and grouped it black.  Still need to work out the mouth, nose, etc. and (how you say?) blemishes.  But Wow with the simple eyebrows, what a difference! 

Here's Vera 1) Normal 2) Concerned and 3) Angry (but motivated).  And muscle action really slapped together fast after modeling to say the least.

Note: I messed up the naming on 2 of the file names.

Attached Thumbnails

• Veraangry.jpg
  • Veraconcerned60.jpg
  • Veranormal.jpg

#66 DZ4

DZ4

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Darrin
  • Ohio
  • v17
  • Windows

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Since this topic is still called Android, I thought I should post a good tutorial page I found.

It's all about "sound" / music, but that's a great place to start, I think.  It's the deprecated (oh no!) SoundPool class in android.  I got it to work.

https://examples.jav...ndpool-example/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users