Hash, Inc. Forums

Roadkill

Ok BakeRod, Dan , and all the others who have asked for more :)

Here's an old piece I did in the first version of master to have fur( was that 7?)

From concept to storyboard to broadcast it took six very long weeks. The original script called for 25 seconds of roadkill and 5 seconds of "Mr Explanation" but the client nixed that and it changed to 18/12.

It's still one of my favourite jobs but I would have killed for an extra week on the animation, which is "patchy".

Small swf file 1.9Mb 320 x 240

Big swf file 4.3 Mb 640 x 480

They're flash files because I like the Spark video compressor and I have it for flash. Right click and "save as" if you want to save them. In fact that's probably the best way to view them.

roadkill.jpg

• Admin

:o Simply Awesome! :o

Cute way to deal with a not-so cute subject matter too.

I knew you were good but I didn't know you were that good that long ago.

I think it might take me about ten more years to put something like that together.

*Sigh* Think I'll go back to drawing stick figures on paper now.

It's hard to be inspired AND depressed at the same time... but I'm managing...

Rodney

That's great stuff!! The swf file was a little blurry, I'd love to see it as a higher quality QuickTime. As we revamp the Hash galleries, I want to make sure we get some of the older animations too. A lot of people assume that all of the best animation was done in the last year or so. There are films and commercials done with A:M, that are great and are were done a decade or more ago. Now that more people have broadband, it's easier to show them. It's also a treat for us who haven't seen them before.

That's great stuff!! The swf file was a little blurry, I'd love to see it as a higher quality QuickTime. As we revamp the Hash galleries, I want to make sure we get some of the older animations too. A lot of people assume that all of the best animation was done in the last year or so. There are films and commercials done with A:M, that are great and are were done a decade or more ago. Now that more people have broadband, it's easier to show them. It's also a treat for us who haven't seen them before.

like balls and blocks man since i misplaced my video tutorial from v4 I haven't seen any of those old shorts.

like balls and blocks man since i misplaced my video tutorial from v4 I haven't seen any of those old shorts.

I am planning to resurrect many of these classic animation gems in the coming weeks. We're in the process of revamping our animation area of our web site, and I'll be very interested in getting new and old animations that we might not have seen before.

Ok BakeRod, Dan , and all the others who have asked for more 

Here's an old piece I did in the first version of master to have fur( was that 7?)

It's an oldie, but a goodie! You don't have a better mov. version you can show us?