Hash, Inc. Forums

Get your BUS STOP here

robcat2075

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
i mean is this a contest? is this part of a bigger movie going on or is this just the collection of the scene put into one thing?

No, it's not a contest. It's our annual everyone-can-play forum project, like the previous "pass the ball" or "Stereoscopic AniJam" projects.

I hope you'll join in!

i got something that looks like an animation but got a problem...

with the current settings you have for the prj. for a 6 secs video to render it says the average time for it to finish is somewhere around 545 hours.... i dont think i can let my computer run for that long on a single render... is there a faster way to get it to render

• Hash Fellow
i got something that looks like an animation but got a problem...

with the current settings you have for the prj. for a 6 secs video to render it says the average time for it to finish is somewhere around 545 hours.... i dont think i can let my computer run for that long on a single render... is there a faster way to get it to render

My old PC had a weaker AMD cpu than yours and the render time for the set was about 5 mins per frame. What sort of models have you got in there?

just 2 ships i built back in version 12 their not that complicated ship one has 540 patches ship two has 1940 which is only on screen for 3 secs out of the 6 secs that the whole video is. 1 pass is taking roughly 20 mins to do. and no i have nothing running in the background

just 2 ships i built back in version 12 their not that complicated ship one has 540 patches ship two has 1940 which is only on screen for 3 secs out of the 6 secs that the whole video is. 1 pass is taking roughly 20 mins to do. and no i have nothing running in the background

• Hash Fellow

Since you have a 64bit OS try the v16 beta

I was having trouble getting a good idea for this... so I decided to animate a joke... I googled 'bus stop jokes' and every one was TERRIBLE so I was still stuck. Then- last night in my dreams I dreamt I was at a bar and a guy was telling me a bus stop joke... it started off just like one of the bad ones from my google search...but ended much funnier and I laughed myself awake. Dawn asked me why I was laughing and I told her the joke... and she thought it was funny too! It is still NOT appropriate for our movie... but it sure got the juices flowing and lead me in another direction and I now have an idea I am happy with... but I wanted to tell the joke--- so here it goes!

THE JOKE FROM MY DREAM:

(somewhat adult in nature...)

These two fellas are sitting at a bus stop when the bus pulls-up and off come 3 beautiful women who stand and wait for the next bus... one guy says to the other "watch this pickup line... it's guaranteed to work on 1 out of 3 women!"

SO the guy goes up to one the first woman and says "Tickle your ass with a feather?"

The woman says 'WHAT?!!!" and the guy quickly says 'The weather, particularly nasty weather...?"

The woman gives him a nasty look so he tries the line on the 2nd woman with the same results... shot down.

He then winks at his buddy and approaches the 3rd girl... 'Tickle your ass with a feather?"

She smiles and says 'How big is your feather?" and off they go together.

Now the other fellow can't believe this... "guaranteed to work on 1 in 3" he muses. I'll give it a try.

The bus then pulls up and off come 3 more women who sit together... the guy figures he'll try them all at once to save time,

so he approaches them and says 'Tickle your-" just then he noticed the 3 women are NUNS so he quickly abandones the line.

"Did you say something?" the nuns ask.... he backpedals and says "Isn't this particularly nasty weather we are having?"

The 1st nun says 'Yes, rained all week...!"

The 2nd nun says 'overcast and windy!"

The 3rd nun says 'How big is your feather?"

• Hash Fellow

i won't be able to jump into this on Oct 6 so new deadline October 20

This means if you thought you didn't have enough time to do a segment, you now have 6 weeks to give it a try!

Of course you can still turn in your segment on October 6 if you feel you're done.

i won't be able to jump into this on Oct 6 so new deadline October 20

This means if you thought you didn't have enough time to do a segment, you now have 6 weeks to give it a try!

Of course you can still turn in your segment on October 6 if you feel you're done.

that is truly good news. i was beginning to worry I wasn't going to make it sense I'm crunched with work now and am going on vacation Oct 2nd....Now I can do it..yeah...

rob, i´m done with my sequence... is it ok to upload it on sendspace and send you a link?

Sure. It will download like any other link, right?

right ;) the audio is in the same folder as the jpg-sequence as a wav file... it´s the same length as the sequence.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wve12n

• 2 weeks later...

Gene ...

If you rendered out the images as TGA instead, remember that you can use Animation Master to convert those images to JPG and then you are back in business. Of course that is if you don't have a separate video editor program. If you don't know the steps to do this then just say so and I will walk ya through it. I just converted 300 some odd TGA image files to JPG as a test and it took about 3 minutes to do it ... no re-rendering required. The only thing I would do is change the default JPG compression from 34% (that was what it was set to in the default project) to maybe something like 50%. The compression artifacts won't be quite as noticable. My JPG image sequence with the two audio files (one for the sound one for the sound effects) only weighed in at about 32 MB. Just let me know .... :)

Bruce

Skydrive is another cool free service that may be helpful in getting your sequence to Robcat. It is part of the Microsoft-Google-Hotmail umbrella, so Apple folk could be alienated...but with a 25 GB limit... free...

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive

We would need an email address from Rob that we could direct to...

ROB- Here is my submission. I did not want to share it with the masses, but I can't think of any other way to get it to you- and just you. Also, you wanted individual jpeg frames- but I made a Quicktime... this way I am sending you one link and not 500+. Let me know if you really-really need frames, I'll figure another way to send it... I'll probably need your email address so I can send you a link to a dropbox folder. -Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5257446/BUSSTOP_Matt%20Campbell1.mov

Will the bus entry/exit have sound? Are other folks planning on having sound? Mine is just about done and it's really crying out for audio, but I don't know if I'll have time to add it, and it's tearing me up inside I tells ya!

• Hash Fellow
Will the bus entry/exit have sound? Are other folks planning on having sound? Mine is just about done and it's really crying out for audio, but I don't know if I'll have time to add it, and it's tearing me up inside I tells ya!

You may use sound if you wish.

At least 8 more days to do magic Bus Stop animation!
... And render ... Not sure I'll make it.

ETA: Will v16 help out with render times? I have a dual core AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile TL50 (1.6 GHz). Is it risky to switch from 15 to 16 right at the end like that?