Hash, Inc. Forums

mouse trails when moving ruler guides

I had the same problem... seems to be a refresh-problem somehow... but it really is not very important for me, since if I use them I always set them numerical anyway.

(AMD / ATI card here...)

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin
Is there some way of fixing this?

The usual fix to a graphics issue is installing a driver. If the card doesn't have an 'official' driver update that fills the bill and bring the card up to date the other two options are installing a 3rd party (universal) driver or rolling back to a previous driver.

If you can provide specifics about your card that'll help formulate a starting point to launch a search.

• Hash Fellow

I'm testing right now... if I drag from left to right (or down) it is clear but if I drag from right to left (or up) i get lots of black marks in the ruler area.

They disappear if I press the space bar

Hm... just tested it with my HD7850 and nothing bad happend on 18m. do you have the newer (omega-) drivers for your AMD card installed? they are much better than the old once. (Omega was a complete rewrite maybe 4-6 months ago and has of course been updated since then)

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Intel Graphics here and I see a similar thing (although it's a ghost of the guide that moves back and forth as I move the mouse.

Interestingly, if I keep moving the mouse back and forth the Modeling window (empty) starts to appear and if I do it enough moving back and forth the whole (empty) Modeling window appears in it's default (or last placed) position.

Clicking the mouse refreshes the screen back to its proper view.

This refresh issue is less pronounced if the Model window is not maximized.

Doing the same thing in Shaded or Shaded Wireframe views redraws a black background (no window is seen).

It's not much of a problem on my end because the ghosted image goes away easily enough.

It's like the window is 'remembering' the screen just prior to the current one.

Seems better with 18m I don't have to refresh anything.

Video drivers are up to date, this is an old thing going back when I first installed an ATI card on this machine.

Easiest way to show is with the movie I had to take with my iPad since I uninstalled some programs I wasn't using that had recording.

IMG_0326.MOV