Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Aurora Flyover

• Hash Fellow

This isn't quite what Rusty is looking for in his other thread but I'll show it none-the-less... a fly-over of the Aurora curtain effect.

Basically two gradient combiners are used to fade out the top and bottom and in the middle is a turbulence combiner, stretched vertically and animated in the chor to move through the mesh of the curtain to give it the undulating look.

AuroraE000.mov

PRJ done in v17 but it will work in earlier versions

Aurora06_animated_flyby.prj

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo nice.

Could also vary the colors and if ya add some bones here and there, animate the vertical scaling of the patches, and overall shape for more dynamics.

Yeah, there are a lot of variations possible. this is really just the bare bones with tons of potential.

This isn't quite what Rusty is looking for in his other thread but I'll show it none-the-less... a fly-over of the Aurora curtain effect.

Basically two gradient combiners are used to fade out the top and bottom and in the middle is a turbulence combiner, stretched vertically and animated in the chor to move through the mesh of the curtain to give it the undulating look.

AuroraE000.mov

PRJ done in v17 but it will work in earlier versions

Aurora06_animated_flyby.prj

That's KOOL! If I can figure it out (I'm on V14c and probably can't open the .prj file) I'll likely use it!

Rusty

• Hash Fellow
If I can figure it out (I'm on V14c and probably can't open the .prj file) I'll likely use it!

Rusty

You should be able to open that in V13 or later. You might get a warning, but it should at least open.