• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I really like that Kat! :)

I've got something of a story to tell with this one...

I started opening this sequence while working in several other windows and had minimized the browser window that had your movie. I started typing in the other window when I heard a child screaming. Yikes! It must be the neighbor kids having a bad day! Then I heard it again. This child was screaming is serious distress! Then just as I was beginning to rise from my chair by way of intervention I suddenly realized the sound was coming from my computer. It was your banshee under duress that I was hearing. Yeesh! My heart is still racing at an elevated rate!

I really like what you've done in this sequence and the dragon's voice is odd but compelling. It immediately captures me and draws me.

Now about that poor banshee...

Added: A suggestion, if I may. I'd love to see a layer of (mostly transparent) cloud-like matter (noise/atmospherics?) overlaid on top of this sequence as that would really sell the effect of these characters moving through actual space/flying through the air. It would break the image out of a sense of being projected onto a 2D plane which you have nearly accomplished already. I don't think it would take much to achieve this as you could probably just overlay a scaled up version of the clouds you have elsewhere in the scene.

"I really like what you've done in this sequence and the dragon's voice is odd but compelling. It immediately captures me and draws me."

The dragon's voice, <_ i met dede brown at a craft fair quite few years ago. she offered to create web site sell all the characters that are in book. was computer savvy not all.>

So Dede created my web site leaffairies.com, and managed it. She also agreed to record the voice of Dracolleen the Draco.

Her voice was perfect, but the recording quality was terrible.

Along the way, we lost contact, with no way to re record the voice. So with the help of a Diamond Cut Productions, a voice restorer program, it was able to remove most of the static. which left a hollow sound to the voice, that to me, sounds different from a human voice.

" A suggestion, if I may. I'd love to see a layer of (mostly transparent) cloud-like matter (noise/atmospherics?) overlaid on top of this sequence as that would really sell the effect of these characters moving through actual space/flying through the air. It would break the image out of a sense of being projected onto a 2D plane which you have nearly accomplished already. I don't think it would take much to achieve this as you could probably just overlay a scaled up version of the clouds you have elsewhere in the scene."

:) Sorry about the distress call, but I'm glad it was the banshee and not a child. I had to read your instructions twice. What a good idea, i will see what i can come up with. Thank you Rodney