Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

timeline CP issue

Hi folks, I bet there is a completely obvious solution to this but I can't seem to figure it out. I wanted to swing the camera around a model character and in a process of manipulating the camera at several second intervals, I start getting a 'brick wall' in the camera flow. What did I do to start getting this issue that ultimately causes the camera to jerk and interrupts it's smooth flow? thanks !

-Adam

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 12.44.32 PM.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Hi Adam...

My first guess is that the previous keyframe is set to "Hold" interpolation, which makes the channel hold the value of a keyframe until a new one is encountered.

Select the previous keyframe> RMB>Interpolation Method> to choose a different interpolation, like Spline

SplineMenu.jpg

it worked !!!! I wonder what it is that I did to get it to hold like that . Is there a hot key that is easy to hit in the frenzy of animating that could cause such a thing? Thanks for saving me tons of work trying to figure this out and/or just working poorly around it !

-Adam

• Hash Fellow

it worked !!!! I wonder what it is that I did to get it to hold like that . Is there a hot key that is easy to hit in the frenzy of animating that could cause such a thing?

Yes. If you have a keyframe selected you can set the Interpolation with the 7,8,9,0 keys at the top of the keyboard.

You can see the shortcuts listed in the JPG above.