Hash, Inc. Forums

Body Mechanics Boot Camp?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'm toying with giving the Body Mechanics Boot Camp another try after the holidays.

It would be a free class where you learn some basic character animation essentials.

The curriculum might be something like

-Bouncing Ball

-Broad Jump

-Weight shift

-Side Step

-Generic Walk

It would need about three or four interested people who have the spare time to work on the exercises and who could all meet once a week at the same time on Skype.

BMBGestureLoc.gif

I'd be up for it. I got through the first two lessons last time, but petered out after that. Now, I'm a little bit more motivated in honing my skills before really starting work on my Papa Bear short. So I'm in.

and thanks Robert for doing this. Now we need a rigging boot camp!

What are the prerequisites?

Not much, this is pretty much Animation 101.

The big problem I foresee is scheduling everyone in one place at one time every week.

Evenings mid-week are best for me. Since I spend the beginning and end of each week traveling for work, mid-week I'm ensconced in a hotel room with nothing to do. weekends I tend to try and stay away from the computer as much as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

I need to get a spectrum of times from everyone about when you're available to meet.

It doesn't have to be the time when you would do your home work, but it does need to be time when you could clear out 60-90 minutes for the Skype call.

• Hash Fellow

Pre-requisite would be having A:M tho right?

Pretty much have to have it!

I really like that model... stormtrooper-y! Where is that from?

Thanks. I made that. He's called StickTrooper!

As of right now I am available on Friday through Saturday at anytime. Other days are depending on the day/time.

I'm pretty much the same. Though I'll qualify that by saying that I may be sent overseas to points as of yet unknown next year for work, so that may change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Hash Fellow

A reminder to all applicants... i need a schedule of times you would be able to do the Skype meeting.

I need actual clock times and your time zone. "Evenings" or "weekends" is too vague to pick a meeting time that multiple people will need to be at.

The more open time you have, the more likely we can find one time that works.

You may send it to me in a Private Forum Message.

Thanks!

• *A:M User*

I've sent my availability to Rob in a pm, M-W-TR-F I can do 10:00 pm to 11:30 pm CST or I could do basically anytime between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Saturday or 10:00 am and 3:00 pm on Sunday. Since it doesn't sound like mornings are likely to be good on weekdays I've modified my availability a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • Hash Fellow

Update: I haven't forgotten about this, but I will need to clear out a number of non-animation obligations before I can put proper attention to this endeavor.

Watch this space for future news!