Hash, Inc. Forums

October Surprise - Cloth for leaves. Update: full sim added.

• Hash Fellow

A brief test using SimCloth for Autumn leaves...

BooH264.mov

UPDATE... here is a shaded wireframe render of the full cloth simulation that takes place before the rendered portion above.

Although "Show backfaces" is ON, the cloth patches only show their decal on one side in shaded mode. Not sure why.

Boo Cloth Simulation.mov

• ____ 4

Killer Rabbit in the Leaves... the new movie by Robert Holmén...

Be AMAZED ;).

Looks great Robert :).

Nicely done especially nice how the leaves slowly reposition/drop down after landing.

Very natural like that :).

See you

*Fuchur*

• ____ 1

VERY COOL! I like the way the leaves respect each other in the pile-up without so much 'clatter'... cloth sim seems pretty strong for this- this is how you do your soft-body dynamics too, right? THANKS for the alternate 'behind the scenes' movie- answers some questions.

• ____ 1

• Hash Fellow

VERY COOL! I like the way the leaves respect each other in the pile-up without so much 'clatter'...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

You can reduce clatter and excess liveliness in cloth by increasing the "Damping" values. This reduces the tendency of the particles to keep oscillating and reduces the effect that the motion of one particle has on neighboring particles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

... THANKS for the alternate 'behind the scenes' movie- answers some questions...

I'd like to know / see more... What soft body dynamic examples are you talking about?

Greetz,

Elm.

Hi Elm... I've looked back at some of my old posts on soft body cloth and I think you've seen them, right?

like this one?

• 1 month later...