Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

robotic dog!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the top one better. No reason. Just looks better. If you want attention to be drawn to his/her face/eye, the less complicated body will help do that. Otherwise I am afraid peeps will be focusing on the body for too long trying to figure out why the funky shape.

My 2 cents,

Wade

Well here is the robotic dog with partial textures. Im going to add a bumber sticker on his back saying something like: "Been to mars and there nothing there!" or "Been to mars and back!". I decided to get rid of the eye thing and make it look more like the sony robotic dog. Theres more suprises for ya! Its not just a Robotic dog! Haha Suspence! :lol:

post-7-1078368797.jpg

Ummmm.... I'm sorry, but it looks more like a cat, except the tail which looks alot like a duck.

To give the robot a more "dog" shape, try giving it a thicker longer muzzle. If it has to have pointy ears that stick up, try extending them, shape them more like a great dane's. And please... reconsider the tail, would a segmented antenna work?

Just my opinion. Anyway, good luck.

Steve P.

• Admin
Ummmm.... I'm sorry, but it looks more like a cat, except the tail which looks alot like a duck.

My vote for the funniest critique this week. :lol:

... or maybe I'm just tired. ;)

for the record... I agree :D

Maybe round off the ears to get a more dog-like shape.

or droop them down to the sides.

Kinda what I had in mind for a segmented tail would be simular to a collapsible antenna, then again that may not be an approach that works for you.

Bottom line, if you're going to extrude the tail from the main body, I'd suggest something simple but round, a basic tapered tube kinda thing with a tip. However, this approach would give the robot a more "organic" look.

Good luck.

Steve P.