Photo
- - - - -

Great animation video software-tool for creation?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JoeClark

JoeClark

New User

• *A:M User*
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • JoeClark
  • v16
  • Macintosh

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

Hello,

I'm looking to work with a software to create new animation video (loops or other original visual) prior to put them on Resolume. Adobe After Effects seems interesting and powerful.

Any comment on this software or other suggestions for a beginner ?

Thank you.

#2 robcat2075

robcat2075

occasional smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23438 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • other
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

Almost every animation software (including A:M, of course) is suited for making loops.  Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

Robert Holmén
------

Got an A:M question? Come to Live Answer Time.   Saturdays, Noon CDT

My tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

Enter the 2017 Summer Memories Image Contest

this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

87,848 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

Big thanks to... Roger (again!), Shelton (it's huge!), NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#3 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6660 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois (not Japan)
  • subscriber
  • Windows

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

If *After Effects* is the target quality and power in software I'll recommend giving Blackmagic Design's Fusion a try.

Fusion is a free program used in many hollywood movies and has nigh unlimited motion graphics capabilities.

The paid version adds plugin and collaboration tools and costs $995.

It's primary difference from After Effects is that instead of 'layers' it has 'nodes'.  That's the primary paradigm shift.

Interestingly, and as Robert alludes to, Animation:Master itself has much of the same capabilities as After Effects and Fusion although I dare say that A:M leans more toward the paradigm of 'nodes' although those are not presented to the user but rather the standard file menu.  

At any rate, adding Fusion to the workflow is easy and cost effective.

The v9 release is rumored to be pending in the next few months and now would be a good time to get a head start toward using that via v7 or v8.

https://www.blackmag...products/fusion

It can have a fairly steep learning curve but that curve is easily eradicated by viewing a few tutorial videos to get the mind wrapped around the concept of working with visible nodes (rather than the paradigm of layers which most people are familiar with).  I have access to After Effects and occasionally find myself wanting to use it but it's (optimal) workflow relies heavily on plugins whereas with Fusion the user can basically write their own plugins/macros to get those highly technological jobs done.  

Added:

There are quite a few video tutorials in circulation that cover specialized use of Fusion.  The official 'Get Started' videos give a good overview of basic usage as well as hint at potential uses:

https://www.blackmag...fusion/training

A good idea is a seed, not a solution
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#4 serg2

serg2

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • serg2
  • Russia Samara
  • Windows

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Great Animation Realtime Software:
TouchDesigner, VVVV, iClone, Source Filmmaker, Muvisu, PureData, MAX/MSP, Fluxus, Isadora, Processing, CORAL, Lumion, Twinmotion, Unity, Unreal, Grasshopper(Rhino), Dinamo(Revit), Incendia, Apophisys, Fragmentarium, Mandelbuilder, Ready, NodeBox, Algodoo(Phun), Quest3D.... and more more cool tols

Hasher

#5 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • 4924 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • current
  • Windows

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

Is Quest3d available anymore? I used it in my diploma thesis, but now I think it is Lumio or something and very different from what I used....

See you
*Fuchur*

"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials, reviews and join the German Animation:Master-Community at
www.PatchWork3d.de

Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur
What stands "Fuchur" for?

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#6 serg2

serg2

Prolific

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • serg2
  • Russia Samara
  • Windows

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Is Quest3d available anymore? I used it in my diploma thesis, but now I think it is Lumio or something and very different from what I used....

See you
*Fuchur*

Unfortunately, they stopped developing after the release of the 5th version.

Hasher

#7 John Bigboote

John Bigboote

that one guy

• Hash Fellow
  • 6246 posts
  • John Bigboote (aka Matt Campbell)
  • Detroit, MI USA
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

Usually, when I think of loops, I think of gif animations. The best software I have found for authoring gifs is Adobe Photoshop, but sometimes you need Adobe After Effects(or other moviemaking software, like A:M) to generate the animated content...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users